Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Traveling to Indonesia - Money change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Indonesia - Money change?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 75k, *G
Question Traveling to Indonesia - Money change?

Hello!

I'm traveling to Asia for the first time and have a number of stops along the way to my final destination DPS.

Flying Executive plus *A Gold so will have access to lounges in my stopover areas. The one stopover I am concerned about is PEK as it's an 8 hour layover and I might want to get books, magazines and a real meal.

Do you recommend changing money at the airport (not planning to leave) or using credit cards (Would they even work?).

Thanks and sorry for the newbie question!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Many airport locations accept credit cards, or will take local currency, USD, Euros, etc. You mention PEK, but your title mentions Indonesia. Some serious airport ripoffs at the money exchange in Bali.

ATM withdrawals can be ok. In Indonesia it's quite important to have bills that are in new condition. 2003 or newer bills, no tears, marks, etc.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 75k, *G
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Many airport locations accept credit cards, or will take local currency, USD, Euros, etc. You mention PEK, but your title mentions Indonesia. Some serious airport ripoffs at the money exchange in Bali.

ATM withdrawals can be ok. In Indonesia it's quite important to have bills that are in new condition. 2003 or newer bills, no tears, marks, etc.
Thanks! Yes, I realized after I wrote the post that the title didn't really give with the ask.

I will definitely bring some USD as some of the tours/surfing I'm doing in Bali asked to pay in USD... thanks for the headsup on the money exchange at DPS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.