Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Gutsy Women travel - anyone use them?

Old Mar 13, 13, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Hi all -
I love to travel but not all my girlfriends are able or willing. I am considering booking a trip with Gutsy Women travel to the Amalfi Coast in October and wonder if any of you traveling women have used them and could either recommend them or give me other suggestions.

Thanks.

Virginia
FlyerStef likes this.
Old Mar 28, 13, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Haven't taken one of their tours, but there are some interesting posts in TripAdvisor from a few women who have taken the tours. Here is the link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...lo_Travel.html
Old Apr 10, 13, 9:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

The tours are owned/operated by Trafalger tours - i feel that their prices are high plus they charge single supplement. I love that part of Italy and last visited on Med cruise with a one day private tour of the Amalfi coast and Pompeii. There are many deals on cruises that time of year to look at that may provide more sights if you are ok to go solo. I met new friends on cruisecritic to join tours
Old Aug 22, 13, 2:39 pm

Gutsy Women tours for 20`3-4 are mostly mixed and not just women. Our tours are women only and our strategic partner is a USTOA industry known tour company. Our site is www.thewomenstravelgroup.com and we offer shares as well as airfare.

Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl View Post
The tours are owned/operated by Trafalger tours - i feel that their prices are high plus they charge single supplement. I love that part of Italy and last visited on Med cruise with a one day private tour of the Amalfi coast and Pompeii. There are many deals on cruises that time of year to look at that may provide more sights if you are ok to go solo. I met new friends on cruisecritic to join tours
Please note that the company is not owned by Trafalgar Tours but they do operate the departures. Many of them are coed however.

Last edited by Katja; Aug 23, 13 at 8:49 am
Old Oct 9, 13, 11:51 am

Swimming with whaleshark in cebu and exploring bohol on nov 10-14,wanna to join?

anybody wants to join my group to cebu and bohol on nov 10-14?we're planning to swim with the whalesharks and explore the islands in bohol.keep in touch!

Last edited by Katja; Oct 9, 13 at 3:38 pm
Old Jan 11, 14, 4:42 pm

Question Hi Virginia....Did you go on that Gutsy Women Tour this last Oct 2013?

Hi Virginia,

Did you book that tour with Gutsy Women, did you go on the Amalfi Coast tour with this group? If so, how did it work out? Was going to comment about the group because I took a trip with them, maybe it was in 2009. But first wanted to hear of your experience if indeed you did go.

Thanks, Lynda
Old Jan 13, 15, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by rosegarden View Post
Hi Virginia,

Did you book that tour with Gutsy Women, did you go on the Amalfi Coast tour with this group? If so, how did it work out? Was going to comment about the group because I took a trip with them, maybe it was in 2009. But first wanted to hear of your experience if indeed you did go.

Thanks, Lynda
Hi Lynda: I was really surprised to ready your post as I too have been checking out the Amalfi Coast tour with Gutsy Women. It would be my first trip with them. I have travelled with Sights & Souls twice and with WTT twice. I preferred S&S tours, but they book up so fast, you hardly have a chance to think about it, and they're sold out!
I'm hoping you'll share any replies you get with me.
Hoping to hear from you..
Phyllis
Old Oct 27, 18, 8:28 am

Programs: none
gutsy women travel review

I recently returned from a beautiful trip to Iceland, but which brought back bad memories of Gutsy Women Travel and a planned trip with them in 2010. As I looked them up, I was surprised to see they are still in business!

In April of 2010 I was planning to go to the Amalfi Coast with Gutsy Women Travel. Because of the eruption of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, and its enormous disruption of air and land travel, I was not able to make it to Naples.

The airline refunded my ticket without even being asked, but Gutsy Women Travel refused to reimburse my trip expense.

My travel insurance would not reimburse me because Gutsy Women Travel claimed the trip took place. With European airports closed down to Rome and Madrid from April 15 -21, and 100k flights cancelled, I don’t know how the other participants got there. My friend from Canada also could not make it, was also given the brush off, and lost her total trip expenses.

I realize the eruption was not their fault, but neither was it mine. Gutsy Women Travel wouldn’t even discuss a compromise. They pushed me off on their Italian subcontractor which, of course, sent me back to them.

A word of warning, if you a travel problem, Gutsy Women Travel will not be there for you.

Stay away. There are other great women’s travel agencies out there.

I have had good experiences with sights and soul and g adventure.
Happy travels!!

Search this Thread