Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Wallet for cards cards and more cards

Old Dec 14, 12, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Hello ladies:

I have just seen this forum today! (I am usually on the Air Canada forum)... I've been reading past posts and absolutely love it. Only women can tell other women what's what!

So here's a question for you: I have been searching for AGES for a wallet that can hold all my reward cards, loyalty cards, ID cards, this card, that card, the flipping coffee shop card.... I usually just fish out of the box at home the cards that I think i will need for the day, but when I'm traveling, this doesn't work. Does anyone know of a wallet that will hold many cards, and still look stylish? (note: I'd prefer a wallet that JUST holds cards, with no change pocket/chequebook pocket etc).

Thoughts?
Old Dec 14, 12, 3:47 pm

My mom always carried something she referred to as a "card case." It sounds like just what you need, a wallet that is just a sleeve for different cards, nothing else. Searching on "card case" turns up a lot of business card cases--some of which might work, but some might be too small. However, running a search on "credit card case" turns up just what you want. I like this one from Overstock:

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...3/product.html

Last edited by fwoomp; Dec 14, 12 at 3:50 pm Reason: Blah blah blah Ginger
Old Dec 14, 12, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. That one is actually quite cute, but what I'm looking for is something with space for a lot more cards than that. One without those plastic sleeves you see in people's wallets.

By the time I've got my own cards, credit and otherwise, plus ID, then add in all the cards of a frequent flyer / frequent guest, they start to add up! Something that could hold 20/30 cards would be great! Obviously something that looks nice is preferred, too
Old Dec 14, 12, 6:20 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, True Blue, Southwest, IHG
Have you tried looking for business card holders or small electronics pouches? I have a leather business card holder that holds a small stack of cards and I find that I can stuff approximately 20 plastic cards in them. However, I recently changed to using a zippered compact camera case/pouch. Anything that carries a dollar value such as a Starbucks card or gift card goes in my wallet.

The lesportsac one I linked to above has 2 pockets so I can separate cards into 2 categories and has additional open pockets for loyalty coins, loyalty dollars and other coupons. It all gets stuff in there somewhere and I organize the mess when I get home. It's much bigger than the size of your usual card holder, but I like how I can keep all the loyalty coins and coupons in the same place.
Old Dec 14, 12, 10:50 pm

brookstone leather wallet, holds big stack of cards and fits in pocket super nice. enclosed Mesh on one side for driv. lic. and other for stack of cards.
Old Dec 15, 12, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I absolutely love the Lodis mini card case. Have had one for about 4 years, it's elegant and a joy to use, well worth the price (which is high.) I have the Audrey in red.

Only holds about 15 plastic cards. Get two?

Not sure what loyalty cards you carry, but I don't take the hotel, airline, grocery cards with me. Never had to show one yet.

Last edited by lili; Dec 15, 12 at 9:20 am
Old Dec 15, 12, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! Great suggestions! I love the Lodis ones .... This one caught my eye: http://www.lodis.com/leather/shop-wo...ch-wallet/6006
Old Dec 18, 12, 6:18 am
Moderator: Information Desk & Women Travelers

Programs: DL, AA
For some cards (shopper loyalty, etc), where they just scan a barcode rather than swiping a magnetic strip, look at using an app on your phone to store all those codes rather than carrying the cards. It doesn't eliminate the need for a card wallet, but it helps.
Old Dec 18, 12, 11:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Here's one I just purchased off the kate spade website. They don't have any left but a search led me to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Kate-Spa...40891643226%26

I got mine for half that price. So maybe you could shop around. Mine was in teal.

Lorna
Old Dec 19, 12, 11:51 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, La Quinta, BW
I use an older model Eagle Creek wallet for everyday, it holds many cards but they don't make that model anymore - boo.

When traveling I extract the cards I need and use one or more of the following:
Coach wristlet, Tom Bihn clear or cordura organizer wallet, or a Japanese paper wallet with divider. When using my Scottevest (train travel especially) I easily fit the Tom Bihn wallets in the pockets with no bulges. I use one for currency, one for coins, one for cards. Tom Bihn makes many organizers and pouches in nice colors, high quality with low weight and thickness.

Another vendor to check is Waterfield in San Francisco, their wallets might fit your requirements. Website is sfbags.com
Old Dec 19, 12, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lornag View Post
Here's one I just purchased off the kate spade website. They don't have any left but a search led me to this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Kate-Spa...40891643226%26

I got mine for half that price. So maybe you could shop around. Mine was in teal.

Lorna
That's a great option! Very much what I'm looking for... I will search for a deal! Thanks!!!
Old May 19, 13, 5:23 am

Programs: http://thehikehouse.com
Amazon has variety of wallets you can choose from,from travel organize to lightweight travel pouch here's the link http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15743861
Old May 19, 13, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Many of my loyalty cards have been backed up by iPhone apps so I don't have to carry the plastic.

I've carried a men's style wallet for years as it has no frills and no extra thickness.

My husband spends a lot when he buys a wallet. I've beneffited from his 'failures' (the wallets he doesn't like) and as is so typical so often, the men's wallets are much higher in quality.
Old May 19, 13, 10:36 am

Why carry so many cards? I always 'trim' my cards to keep only those I will use on a trip( loyalty for the hotels I'm using ,airline, Card to use for ATM,etc). at home I carry only those I use ordinarily ( actually only 3) if sale at a dept store most can pull up your card number when you give some info
Would hate to lose mynwallet with many cards with needing to contact all of these vendors, get new card, etc
Old May 19, 13, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
Why carry so many cards? I always 'trim' my cards to keep only those I will use on a trip( loyalty for the hotels I'm using ,airline, Card to use for ATM,etc). at home I carry only those I use ordinarily ( actually only 3) if sale at a dept store most can pull up your card number when you give some info
Would hate to lose mynwallet with many cards with needing to contact all of these vendors, get new card, etc
Be careful when trimming. You don't need your hotel loyalty cards or airline cards. Ever. Unless dealing with Lufthansa as *Gold.

When traveling you do need two ATM cards, two credit cards (in separate locations) your *Gold and OneWorld Emerald cards if you would like lounge access in Europe - your ticket doesn't always qualify. If in the US you need Costco and Safeway cards as well as driver's license. I carry my AAA card, but have never, ever been asked for it using that rate at hotels.

At home I need library cards (2 - county and city). CVS and Rite Aid drugstore cards, Albertson's market, Costco, BevMo, driver's license, ATM, Visa and Amex. That's 11 cards just to get through the day. Oh, forgot Smart and Final grocers. And Von's. Who knows where I'm gong to find myself during the day? And Triple A in case of gas/towing issues. 14.

When traveling I need to add my Medicare card ($1 bus in Hawaii), health care card, Safeway card (50% discount on marked up wine in Hawaii and most of the US), Global Entry card for access to PreChek lines when my boarding pass fails. Admiral's Club and United Club card for times when flying the "other" airline but want to use the "wrong" lounge.

Bank of America credit card kept only for the free museum entry first weekend of the month. Some of those venues are $20+. 20

Excess? Of course. Alternative? Pay more, get less.

I remember fondly the days I went to work every day with nothing but one key to my truck in my back pocket.

Search this Thread