Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

My go-to travel mask: 2 ingredients

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond

I thought I would share this, because my female coworker tried it recently and loved it. If you google "aspirin mask", you will find many variations, but I use this one because it is usually easy to find honey, and I always travel with aspirin. So here it is: I just take 6 uncoated or lightly coated aspirin tablets, dissolve them in my hand with a little warm water, squeeze a honey packet, and mix it all together in my hand. I spread it all over my face and let it dry for about 20 minutes. I then wet my face a little and lightly scrub to exfoliate a little more before washing it off with warm water and a wash cloth. The aspirin exfoliates, and the honey moisturizes and is antibacterial. My face feels amazingly soft after this mask. I do it at least once a week when I am traveling, because my skin seems to go crazy as soon as I enter a plane or hotel room. Hope this helps someone!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I use crushed aspirin with glycerin & a little warm water after bikini waxes^ Can't remember where I first got that recipe, but it works (I was making the recipe before commercial products like "bikini zone" came on the market - these days I suppose it's just as easy to buy a product....)

Aspirin is wonderful
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
I like the aspirin mask. I usually use just water and uncoated aspirin. I like it but it always makes me sneeze after about 15 min. But it is simple and effective.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I use crushed aspirin with glycerin & a little warm water after bikini waxes^ Can't remember where I first got that recipe, but it works (I was making the recipe before commercial products like "bikini zone" came on the market - these days I suppose it's just as easy to buy a product....)

Aspirin is wonderful
I hadn't heard of that variation yet! I tried the aspirin + witch hazel one but wasn't happy with it. I'll have to give the glycerin one a try. Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BaliParis
I like the aspirin mask. I usually use just water and uncoated aspirin. I like it but it always makes me sneeze after about 15 min. But it is simple and effective.
I find it very drying with just water, even if I use a moisturizer afterward. I guess it just depends on the person's skin.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:49 am

Silly question, maybe, but is glycerin easy to find in stores? I love this idea and I'd like to try it.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Silly question, maybe, but is glycerin easy to find in stores? I love this idea and I'd like to try it.
I have found gylcerine by the digestive aids in drugstores. This is glycerine I use to make liquid soap, so I am not sure if it is the same kind used for the bikini area.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I find glycerin at Walmart or drug stores in the first aid section - near isopropl alcohol, witch hazel, etc. Not all stores will have it, but I live in rural NC and our Walmart has it, so.....

(this is the CVS version from their website - same size bottle I get at Walmart: http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-deta...P?skuId=483707 )
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:59 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll look this wknd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.