FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/)
-   -   $30 off Scottevest Trenchcoat for Women (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers/1316712-30-off-scottevest-trenchcoat-women.html)

marion10 Feb 21, 2012 8:55 pm

$30 off Scottevest Trenchcoat for Women

Use code WTRENCH20. Today only- just saw it and ordered one.

MissJoeyDFW Feb 22, 2012 7:59 am

Originally Posted by marion10 (Post 18059676)
Use code WTRENCH20. Today only- just saw it and ordered one.

Sitewide they are having a semi-annual sale.

http://www.scottevest.com/

40% off select items, use code 11SALE40, sale ends Friday, 2/24/2012 at 9 MST

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/s..._on_sale.shtml

All sales are final on the 40% off though. I hate those kind of online sales when it comes to something that is a size and may not fit. :(

I just may risk it for the lightweight women's vest, anyone have any experience with that item?

wharvey Feb 23, 2012 6:55 am

If you are interested in Scottevest, you may want to check out the Travel Products forum. We actually have a representative from the company in the forum!

oldpenny16 Feb 23, 2012 4:36 pm

If you are a small woman you will have better luck with fit than some of us 'full figured' types. Telephone the Scottevest people for sizing advice.

MissJoeyDFW Feb 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by oldpenny16 (Post 18071085)
If you are a small woman you will have better luck with fit than some of us 'full figured' types. Telephone the Scottevest people for sizing advice.

:td:

I will just go to the places around town and in my travels looking for something that I can try on. I don't need it until May and I am not into wasting $$$ on something that may not fit since they don't have a return policy on the sale items. I don't need plus size but I do need something that is curve friendly.

oldpenny16 Feb 26, 2012 4:00 pm

I don't need a plus size either, but in order to get enough space in Scottevest I either have to buy a men's size (not great) or upsize a great deal.

MissJoeyDFW Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by oldpenny16 (Post 18086381)
I don't need a plus size either, but in order to get enough space in Scottevest I either have to buy a men's size (not great) or upsize a great deal.

Opps, eek I didn't mean to imply you were. My apologies! I just meant I can't wear something that is slim cut or boy cut. I was just saying I need something with curves

Does anyone have any experience with Magellan jackets or vests? I am looking at this voyager jacket which zips down to a vest or adventure jacket/vest or their travel vest. I am needing something comfortable and functional for a spring trip I am going on to UK and Ireland where I will be doing some hiking.

oldpenny16 Feb 27, 2012 8:22 am

No apology needed at all.

I have the Magellan's jacket that can zip down to a vest and prefer it to the Scottevest. Much better fit. I also have a whole series of Magellan's vests purchased over the years. All have been fine but I enjoy trying new things.

I would go for something rain resistant for the UK and Ireland. Magellan has some of this sort and (bonus) a good return policy.

I've also gotten a lot of use from the Megallan's Adventure dress/duster as it is light in weight and can be dressed up a bit.

That said, if you expect to hike in the rain and damp, I would look at Marmot jackets which will keep you dry and have a lot of pockets.

MissJoeyDFW Feb 27, 2012 9:38 am

Originally Posted by oldpenny16 (Post 18089589)
No apology needed at all.

I have the Magellan's jacket that can zip down to a vest and prefer it to the Scottevest. Much better fit. I also have a whole series of Magellan's vests purchased over the years. All have been fine but I enjoy trying new things.

I would go for something rain resistant for the UK and Ireland. Magellan has some of this sort and (bonus) a good return policy.

I've also gotten a lot of use from the Megallan's Adventure dress/duster as it is light in weight and can be dressed up a bit.

That said, if you expect to hike in the rain and damp, I would look at Marmot jackets which will keep you dry and have a lot of pockets.

Thanks for the recommendation, rain is certainly in the forecast in Ireland. I will definitely check out the Marmot, I have a rain coat but it only has the typical two side pockets. I am also strongly considering going up to hike a small portion of Hadrian's wall, I have 4 days in UK before my friend arrives. I am there for two weeks and she for 10 days. We are flying into London and out of Dublin, a week in England and a week in Ireland. Our plans involve lots of walking and being outdoors in May.

So excited! :D

Dianne47 Mar 1, 2012 4:38 pm

Someone enquired about the Scottevest women's lightweight vest. I bought it just after Christmas and like it a lot. The regular vests are quite warm, the lightweight one is definitely a little less warm. But I couldn't wear it in the tropics, it's two layers (outer and lining to hold the pockets) and that would be too many layers for me. I have several SEV items and really like them all.

marion10 Mar 6, 2012 10:31 pm

I got the coat and thought it looked very nice- but once I loaded it up- did not like the way it looked or felt. I have sent it back and exchanged for the next larger size- we'll see.

cali-gal Mar 8, 2012 3:44 pm

Anyone else see the CEO of Scottevest on Shark Tank? I saw Scott Jordan pitch the TEC vest on Shark Tank so was interested to read about the interaction that took place on the show. I will admit I was amused by Mark Cuban's response to the patents Scott Jordan had on his product :D

Dianne47 Mar 8, 2012 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by cali-gal (Post 18162735)
Anyone else see the CEO of Scottevest on Shark Tank? I saw Scott Jordan pitch the TEC vest on Shark Tank so was interested to read about the interaction that took place on the show. I will admit I was amused by Mark Cuban's response to the patents Scott Jordan had on his product :D

I have several SEV items and follow the company on Facebook. The CEO, Scott Jordan, has an active FB page with many customers as friends. Jordan has been very vocal all week on the FB pages about his appearance on the show. You can get loads of extra information on FB about his appearance and the aftermath.

marion10 Mar 8, 2012 9:35 pm

I will check it out!

oldpenny16 Mar 9, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by marion10 (Post 18150284)
I got the coat and thought it looked very nice- but once I loaded it up- did not like the way it looked or felt. I have sent it back and exchanged for the next larger size- we'll see.

Was that coat the Scottevest trench?

You will need shoes that keep your feet dry for your long walks in the UK and Ireland.

Been there, done that, and glad I did!