Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

$30 off Scottevest Trenchcoat for Women

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$30 off Scottevest Trenchcoat for Women

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Yes- got the Scottevest trench- should have ordered both the L and XL to so I could compare at the same time. I am keeping the XL- but the L probably would have fit a little better. I leave for a trip on Sunday- so I will be able to see how it goes through security. I have a small and very fat wallet- which I need to thin out a bit-I watched one of the videos and they had the wallet in one of the deep handwarmer pockets and I'm not sure that is secure enough for me. I have it there and it bulges a bit. I love the pen pocket in the front- just perfect. I also love the key chain attachment in the handwarmer pocket.

So this week I have been walking around with keys, wallet, pen, kindle fire, folding headphones,iphone, iphone charger, kindle fire cable, sun glasses, tissues, lip gloss, asthma inhaler, hearing aid batteries, wax guards (for hearing aids), soap tissues, hair brush and bus pass/building pass. I can't use earbuds because of the hearing aids.

With the kindle fire, it is a bit heavy- not too heavy for the airport- but I don't think I would walk around all day with it. Going to look for a wristlet type wallet this weekend- when I want to run to to the snack bar and thinking I might attach the strap to the keychain holder for some security.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Sounds good.

I have a small Red Oxx wallet that rides just fine in my Scottevest jacket and is plenty secure. I kepe a 'granny' change purse handy for small bills and change so I don't have to get out my major wallet for trips and to buy snacks.

For heavy rain situations I store my electronics in zippy bags and then put them into their pockets.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
My everyday Eagle Creek (several years old, style is no longer offered) wallet is too fat for my Scottevest hoodie and vests. I bought 2 skinny zippered pouches from Tom Bihn and they work very well, they stay very flat even when loaded with cards and change, plus the small size fits perfectly in the SEV pockets.

See the Tom Bihn website for the "clear organizer wallet" (for credit and other cards) and "cordura organizer pouch" (for change). I use one of those Japanese paper wallets for currency notes. Some people might object to having 3 separate wallets, but I'm extremely security conscious and like to keep my currency separated from credit cards.

I also bought some of the Tom Bihn keystraps and use them to tether items inside a purse or my laptop tote (keys, cord/cable pouches). They provide an extra layer of protection against pickpockets or checkpoint TSA thieves.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by cali-gal
Anyone else see the CEO of Scottevest on Shark Tank? I saw Scott Jordan pitch the TEC vest on Shark Tank so was interested to read about the interaction that took place on the show. I will admit I was amused by Mark Cuban's response to the patents Scott Jordan had on his product
At the time I saw the show, I hadn't a clue that the company was Scottevest and determined that whatever he was selling, I wouldn't ever be buying.

I had looked at these before and considered getting one for my husband. There is no way in heck I'm going to give this guy any money. No way.

Essentially, he patented running a wire through fabric (via holes) and is now suing everyone in sight who puts the same in their clothing. I can't believe the patent office even gave it to him, and I'll bet manufacturers didn't have a clue there was a patent either.

He was peddling the patent - not the Scottevest company - and the sharks were none-to-thrilled with his sharkiness
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the Tom Binh ideas. As for the CEO, I look at it differently, he has right to protect his intellectual property. It may be a simple idea- but it was his idea. As one of the sharks pointed out- bluetooth is going to make the concept obsolete in a few years anyway. According to the catalog I got, they are going to have some pants for women coming out soon- should be interesting.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by marion10
Thanks for the Tom Binh ideas. As for the CEO, I look at it differently, he has right to protect his intellectual property. It may be a simple idea- but it was his idea. As one of the sharks pointed out- bluetooth is going to make the concept obsolete in a few years anyway. According to the catalog I got, they are going to have some pants for women coming out soon- should be interesting.
The problem I have with the website is when they have a sale they mark it all sales final, no returns or exchanges. Someone posted in Travel Products today that he ordered his regular size pants and said that they were abnormally tight in the thighs. The pockets are in the thighs and where the pants should be loose to hold all of the items a person wants to put in there. He can't return them because he got them on sale. If a website based business wants to grow they are going to have to have a very liberal return policy or there is going to be a lot of negative chatter on the internet about their company. Another guy posted he was trying to return his flawed jacket and he was given the 5th degree and that customer service tried to coach him into living with the issues the coat had and keep it with no return.

It is one thing to buy something locally where you can see, try it on, touch and feel it with a all sales final policy, but completely another for a company to have that policy on the website. Not a good way to grow the business and it is not customer friendly. Scottevest product isn't cheap and I just don't want to risk ordering from them.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We had the fabric of a Scottevest shirt literally fell to pieces in our home washer and dryer (medium settings). Tried to communicate politely with Scottevest and was told the shirt was too old to return.

That situation and the vile thread used in the necklines of the pullover shirts has put us off ordering anything more from Scottevest.

A polite note on either situation would have saved us as customers but we got zip.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Took my first trip with the trenchcoat and it went very well- except for the few brief moments of panic because I didn't have a purse! No problems going through security at all.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marion10
Took my first trip with the trenchcoat and it went very well- except for the few brief moments of panic because I didn't have a purse! No problems going through security at all.
Yes, I know that feeling of being purse-free after so many years of hauling one around.

Glad the coat worked for you. Have you worn it in a downpour yet?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

No- haven't tried in a downpour yet- will report when that happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.