FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/)
-   -   LLBean indispensable knits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers/1311416-llbean-indispensable-knits.html)

tcl Feb 7, 2012 9:09 am

LLBean indispensable knits

Just received their new catalog in the mail and was wondering if anyone has tried these yet?

I'm looking to replace my black knit skirt and one of my black knit dresses and so far in recent years, the knit material that has been used by many different brands all show wear within the first few washes either by fading badly at the collar and cuffs or piling. My original "go-to" pieces were sadly fried by a hotel's laundry service when I was too rushed to wash them myself. :(

Analise Feb 7, 2012 9:17 am

I love LL Bean's knits and black is my color of choice. After a few years it could fade but LL Bean has a 100% guarantee for life. Keep your receipt (I keep a file for all the receipts emailed to me) so you can return it if you are ever unhappy with the product or exchange it for another one. LL Bean stands by its products indefinitely.

MissJoeyDFW Feb 7, 2012 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Analise (Post 17968343)
I love LL Bean's knits and black is my color of choice. After a few years it could fade but LL Bean has a 100% guarantee for life. Keep your receipt (I keep a file for all the receipts emailed to me) so you can return it if you are ever unhappy with the product or exchange it for another one. LL Bean stands by its products indefinitely.

Great guarantee! So I have a question about the type of knit, is it more like a Misook, Ming Wang, Chico's Travelers knit or more like a J Jill knit? Difference being, cat hair falls off Misook and others and clings to J Jill.

CDTraveler Feb 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW (Post 17968552)
Great guarantee! So I have a question about the type of knit, is it more like a Misook, Ming Wang, Chico's Travelers knit or more like a J Jill, Travelsmith knit? Difference being, cat hair falls off Misook and others and clings to J Jill.

Cat hair - a critical factor in choosing clothes! I try for 100% cotton, which reduces the fur cling problem. My LL Bean knits (mainly shirts) do pretty well repelling the fur of our trio. My son's synthetic shirts and pj's attract fur, I swear they do - sometimes I put his pj's in the dryer to attract all the fur off of other things.

Anyhow, back to the OP's questions: I wouldn't hesitate to order the LL Bean things because they are guaranteed.

mareh Feb 16, 2012 10:36 am

I haven't tried these yet, but the Essential knit pants (slight boot cut) they had last year are wonderful. I bought several pairs, but I wish I had more. They are 42% cotton, the rest synthetic but I don't have any pilling so far. I try not to put them in the dryer, but I've accidentally done so a few times and they're still okay.