Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Need Suggestions For Crossbody Purse & Passport Wallet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Suggestions For Crossbody Purse & Passport Wallet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:42 pm

Anyone else have the eBags Piazza bag? I used mine for the first time this weekend. Love the body of the purse but the straps are so cheap and rough. I wore it crossbody and the rough edges rubbed against my shoulder/neck area not covered by my shirt and cut into my skin. I only wore it for an hour around the mall so now I'm worried this will be a problem when I go on vacation.

The shoulder straps are seriously the cheapest type of material eBags could have used. It's not soft like Lesportsac straps. The only solution I can think of is it get a removable shoulder strap wrap/pad for $10. Either way, it's going to cost me money to fix the problem. I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for it.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avjwc
Anyone else have the eBags Piazza bag? I used mine for the first time this weekend. Love the body of the purse but the straps are so cheap and rough. I wore it crossbody and the rough edges rubbed against my shoulder/neck area not covered by my shirt and cut into my skin. I only wore it for an hour around the mall so now I'm worried this will be a problem when I go on vacation.

The shoulder straps are seriously the cheapest type of material eBags could have used. It's not soft like Lesportsac straps. The only solution I can think of is it get a removable shoulder strap wrap/pad for $10. Either way, it's going to cost me money to fix the problem. I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for it.
I have the same issue with the eBags Piazza bag, I also had that issue with the Baggallini crossbody that I sent back. I am now looking for a shoulder strap/pad myself. The Pacsafe City safe has a border sewn on the edges of the shoulder strap that make it smooth. I may take my Piazza bag to my tailor who is doing some other work for me and see if she has any suggestions. The rough weave on shoulder straps irritate me as well.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
This is the one that I have on order right now from Stella & Dot:

Lafayette Cross Body Bag

I like the curb chain as I'm always afraid of someone trying to slash my shoulder strap. I'm planning to use this when out and about when I really only need a few items... it's not very large but I needed something I could use as a "nice" stylish purse when traveling.

Disclaimer... I'm an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot. So my opinion may not be completely unbiased!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by techgirl
I like the curb chain as I'm always afraid of someone trying to slash my shoulder strap.
The Pacsafe is designed to prevent that, fwiw.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deirdre
The Pacsafe is designed to prevent that, fwiw.
I got my Pacsafe Citysafe 200, my iPad feels safer already. My pocketbook was happy too because I got it very cheap at eBags. I think they went on clearance because the new Pacsafe bags listed on their website show they are now RFID.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I got my Pacsafe Citysafe 200, my iPad feels safer already. My pocketbook was happy too because I got it very cheap at eBags. I think they went on clearance because the new Pacsafe bags listed on their website show they are now RFID.
I'm bringing this back to the top again because I just got back from vacation with the Pacsafe Citysafe 200, and sadly, it's just not big enough for me. I discovered that I end up muling around lots of stuff on a day out - a wedge of cheese, a book, a map, souvenirs, etc. Unfortunately, the Citysafe 200 just couldn't accommodate it all. I realized that the thing that made my Kipling bag less safe (the foldover top on the messenger that was only held on by velcro) was also the thing that allowed it to hold a lot. The zipper on the Citysafe meant that I just couldn't jam as much in it!

Any updates on how everyone else is doing with their bags, or other recommendations, would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by Buster
I'm bringing this back to the top again because I just got back from vacation with the Pacsafe Citysafe 200, and sadly, it's just not big enough for me.

I usually carry an iPad, a camera, two lenses, a pashmina, a book, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by deirdre

I usually carry an iPad, a camera, two lenses, a pashmina, a book, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
I know. This trip I was carrying around: a wallet, a travel umbrella, a camera, a hat, sunglasses, 2 packable raincoats, an AtoZ map book. That all just fit, but the problem was it left NO room for shopping at all, so when it came to putting in, say, a wedge of cheese (something I tried to do twice, funnily enough), it just didn't work.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:13 pm

I don't have a Pacsafe but if I have one, it will only be for stuff I wouldn't mind losing.

During my last trip to Japan, I was carrying a tiny bag that could comfortably hold all my valuables and pretty much nothing else. Any shopping I do along the way is put in an eco-bag that I stuff in said clutch at the beginning of each day (mine is a very hardy cloth bag I bought in Paris, but plastic would be better). Sometimes I start the day off with both bags because I would put a water bottle in it. Both of them fit on my shoulders together nicely.

To remain fashionable, do as the Parisans do: carry Longchamp's foldable Le Pliage bag along with your Pacsafe.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:34 pm

Different take on a travel crossbody

So...this is a very different kind of travel crossbody, but my favorite bag is this one from a local company: http://thestokela.com/collections/to...ed-travel-tote
My favorite thing is that it doesn't look like a travel bag, so I feel like it's less of a dead giveaway that I'm a tourist And the patchwork detail is just beautiful, So much prettier than their picture shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.