FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Women Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/)
-   -   Looking for some writers for a women's nonprofit travel/nomad site (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers/1308148-looking-some-writers-womens-nonprofit-travel-nomad-site.html)

Savasana12 Jan 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Looking for some writers for a women's nonprofit travel/nomad site

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some writers for a nonprofit travel/nomad website? It is just getting started and focuses on sustainable women's travel and nomadic lifestyles. Just need some women who would like to write some short stories about their travel experiences and living abroad.

I've tried craigslist as well but thought this might be a good place to check :)

kipper Jan 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Try putting together a description and posting it on elance.com.

Savasana12 Jan 29, 2012 8:00 pm

That's a good idea! Thanks for the reference.

If anyone has any others, I'm all ears :)

MSPeconomist Jan 30, 2012 5:46 am

I assume that you do not mean that you want to hire some employees, but you should clarify the terms and payment.

kipper Jan 30, 2012 7:47 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 17913846)
I assume that you do not mean that you want to hire some employees, but you should clarify the terms and payment.

Yes. I think elance may only allow paid opportunities, but I'm not sure. You could also contact Ladies Who Launch, as they do "shout-outs" to their members for publicity opportunities.

scoow Jan 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Helium.com might have some writers who could help you.

kipper Feb 1, 2012 6:39 am

Originally Posted by scoow (Post 17926427)
Helium.com might have some writers who could help you.

I'm always looking for new opportunities, so perhaps I'll investigate helium.com. Thanks! :D

Savasana12 Feb 2, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try Helium as well. Unfortunately it's not a paid opportunity. It's just a chance for travelers to write about and share their stories. If anyone here is interested, let me know!

rienniste Feb 18, 2012 10:29 am

I just sent you a PM :)

YYCWoMaN Feb 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Journeywoman.com?

They have a website, a monthly newletter, and a Facebook page ... it might be worth getting in touch with Evelyn Hanlon if you're still looking. The monthly newsletter is quite packed with advertisements - guessing it maybe an avenue to get the word out.

There's also a Women's forum on Lonely Planet -- but travel topics don't seem to be the focus... :confused:

Savasana12 Feb 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Great! Thanks so much for the tip. I'll check into that one as well.

Also, rienniste I sent you a PM :)