Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Recommend hair color product for me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:54 am
Original Poster

I used to color my own hair but got sick of doing it since it's such a PITA. So I've been having it colored at a salon. My hair grows so fast that I need to do it every two weeks. I've tried the Root touch up but it isn't optimal. I'd like to try coloring it myself again and maybe try one of those foam brands since they appear easier opposed to the ones where you just do the roots. It's hard to do the back of the hair with the latter type. Can anyone recommend a good product that colors well and is easy? I have a lot of hair.

Bobette
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
With long hair, I've found that I often need 2 bottles of color to be sure everything is covered well. I don't know if Sally Beauty Supply sells foam hair color, but I've found that the products you can buy there often last longer.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I don't know if you live with someone, but I've managed to convince my husband to color my hair for me. It's sure a lot easier/neater. And it saves us a bundle.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I don't know if you live with someone, but I've managed to convince my husband to color my hair for me. It's sure a lot easier/neater. And it saves us a bundle.
Mary, this made me laugh because I've been thinking about asking my husband to do this. Now you just convinced me. It makes perfect sense. I'm going to use your post to convince him. ^^

kipper, I would need two bottles. I don't have real long hair but I have a ton of it. I have a Sally Beauty Supply where I live.

Bobette
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:45 pm

Here's a bit more ammunition. When my mom heard that my husband was doing it for me, she started having my dad do hers too
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by b1513
Mary, this made me laugh because I've been thinking about asking my husband to do this. Now you just convinced me. It makes perfect sense. I'm going to use your post to convince him. ^^

kipper, I would need two bottles. I don't have real long hair but I have a ton of it. I have a Sally Beauty Supply where I live.

Bobette
Here's a bit more ammunition. When my mom heard that my husband was doing it for me, she started having my dad do hers too
Apparently, I need to convince Mr. Kipper to help me with my hair too.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:55 pm

I thinking that there are going to be some very pissed-off-at-me husbands
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:56 pm

I thinking that there are going to be some very pissed-off-at-me husbands
Perhaps, but there could also be some very happy wives.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:03 pm

The best ammunition might be to show a receipt for a box of home color and then show him how much it costs in the salon

That's how we got started. I was at the almost-need-to-color point and we were leaving for Hawaii. Rather than pay the salon to do it and have it wash out from the ocean/sun/washing, I bought a box and asked him to do it. He did, and the poor sucker guy has been doing it since

Last edited by Mary2e; Feb 17, 2012 at 9:02 pm
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:09 pm

The best ammunition might be to show a receipt for a box of home color and then show him how much it costs in the salon

That's how we got started. I was at the almost-need-to-color point and we were leaving for Hawaii. Rather than pay the salon to do it and have it wash out from the ocean/sun/washing, I bought a box and asked him to do it. He did, and the pour sucker guy has been doing it since
I have female friends who have offered to color my hair for me, so I probably should go that route, in part because our bathroom has all white fixtures.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:15 pm

So does mine.. We cover the floor with old towels, I sit in an old chair, and I use temporary color (washes out in 6 weeks) so that if he does miss (and he really doesn't) it washes right out.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:30 pm

So does mine.. We cover the floor with old towels, I sit in an old chair, and I use temporary color (washes out in 6 weeks) so that if he does miss (and he really doesn't) it washes right out.
Perhaps I will ask him to try it.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

I didn't need any more ammunition than to tell him your husband did your hair and it saved a bundle. He agreed. That is a funny story about your mother.

kipper, give it a shot with mr kipper. My husband was an easy mark thanks to Mary.

Bobette
Old Feb 17, 2012, 3:14 pm

When I color my hair I use the temporary color as well. I have to color every 3-4 weeks anyway so it never completely fades out but in 3 weeks it can grow out if you know what I mean.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Hanna hair coloring would be the easiest to do at home.

Matrix socolor mixed with Matrix Solite 20 cream developer,, leave it on the roots for 20 minutes and mix the rest of the bottle with water and comb it out the the ends the last 10 minutes, and shampoo out..

I do my wifes hair, nice to get in the shower after 30 minutes and shampoo it out...
Lot of fun....and kind of interesting spicing it up. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.