Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

I need this travel tote in my life

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need this travel tote in my life

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Just got back from Chicago - I checked a 22" roller and used my OMG for carry-on, with a purse (typical LeSportsac hobo - I love the light weight for travel) as my personal item. I like the OMG - I really love how it fits on the roller so nicely through the airport! But I'm used to a much larger nylon tote as a personal item (with a 20 or 22" roller combo) so it did feel small. I was only gone 4 nights so I didn't need a ton, but I felt a little crunched anyway. I didn't see a way I could have used the interior "shoe" bag either - would have taken up SO much space. And I decided not to take my laptop on the trip, thank goodness, because I don't think I could have made that work.....

I was doing really well at traveling light for a few years and have "crept" back up lately. Need to work on that!!!

The bag itself is still gorgeous and I adore it ;-)
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:35 am

Wow I'm loving the functionality of this bag!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by angelamartinusa
Check out Bento Bag by Nomad Lane. It has a padded compartment for your laptop, space for you extra pair of shoes, enough space for your clothes and toiletries, and pockets for other stuffs you would like to carry.
I got one because I was looking for a weekender bag. It works just fine for that (or as the second carry-on item in conjunction with a carry-on suitcase). Handles a weekend's worth of smart casual wear just fine plus a laptop, all you would need to go out for a 2-4 day trip, and looks reasonably professional.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:18 am

So I am looking at an OMG bag, but... my laptop is 15" (I am an accountant. I want a keypad ) Will it work at all? Sounds like I may have to look for another option!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:56 am

Nope, 15" won't fit in the padded laptop section. Might squeeze into the main section, not sure, but then - you have wasted space because there are actually two padded sections already (I used one for my kindle)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Nope, 15" won't fit in the padded laptop section. Might squeeze into the main section, not sure, but then - you have wasted space because there are actually two padded sections already (I used one for my kindle)
Thanks! I will just keep looking!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
Just bumping this to let folks know that the OG/OMG are currently on sale - I just pulled the trigger on the OG, am excited to get it!
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:16 am

I have a few questions for all those that have used the OMG bag. I just received mine (it was on sale). I wanted it for my personal item to take with a roller carry on from Travelpro. Has anyone used it as their personal item? What airline have you used it on? Has anyone questioned the size of it? Does it fit under the seat in front? I know. I know so many questions!! I do appreciate all the information I get from these forums. Thank you in advance! :-)
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:54 pm

Yes, I used OMG as a personal item (we flew American which I don't normally fly so I can't remember the plane) and it did fit under the seat in front of me. It's smaller than some of the large nylon totes I typically use as a personal item (I have one Timbuk2 and one that's made from recycled sail cloth) Of course, the nylon is softsided and can be mushed into place, but if I have a larger tote, I often put more in it, so.....
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by amomx5
I have a few questions for all those that have used the OMG bag. I just received mine (it was on sale). I wanted it for my personal item to take with a roller carry on from Travelpro. Has anyone used it as their personal item? What airline have you used it on? Has anyone questioned the size of it? Does it fit under the seat in front? I know. I know so many questions!! I do appreciate all the information I get from these forums. Thank you in advance! :-)
I've used it as a personal item on SAS, Delta, JetBlue, TAP, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, United. No one ever questions the size of it. It has fit underneath every seat I've tried thus far. It also fits under or in most international business class seating areas without issue (unless the airline is flying an angled 2-2-2 configuration with little to no storage space such as TAP old business class, United I flew domestic First)

It goes everywhere in the US and Europe without issue from my experience
gretchendz and Hoyaheel like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
OMG

I have two now--a gray and a red. Have used it everywhere in US and much of Europe as personal item (I slip a small purse into it)--never had an issue. The sleeve side lets me put it on a larger bag and the gray one means my husband does not object to carrying it for me We both love them. It always fit under the seat ahead of me.

By the way, there's a sale starting:

https://www.loandsons.com/collection...ogIk51VkcyTSJ9
ysolde likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
50% off

If you have been debating, OGs and OMGs are on sale for fifty percent off!
https://www.loandsons.com/products/o...y-silver-azure

Sadly, I have decided I must limit myself to two. But I do love these bags.
Kestrel likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:17 am

Not meaning to resurrect this thread from the nearly dead but does anyone have the new version of the OG/OMG with the laptop sleeve having it's own zipper? I'm curious how the new version compares to the old and if the separate zipper (so you don't have to unpack the bag at TSA) makes things easier at all?
Also does the new, stiffer top still allow the bag to be crushed down to fit under the seat in front of you?
TIA.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:22 am

I have the older version of the tote and just adding that I love it. I haven’t checked their website in a while.. sounds like I need to.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by whitewave
I have the older version of the tote and just adding that I love it. I haven’t checked their website in a while.. sounds like I need to.
I have the original thanks to this thread (aka "let me get my wallet") and it is my go to travel bag. But my local airport does not participate in precheck and putting my laptop back after screening always seems to require some re-packing.
I know I'll be picking up the OG2 at some point, just waiting for a good sale.
gretchendz, Hoyaheel and whitewave like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.