Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

I need this travel tote in my life

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need this travel tote in my life

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I had ordered the OG, and finally traveled with it earlier this month. Loved it. It is heavier than the Le Pliage (but, I mean, that was to be expected) and certainly more structured. Fit all my things with space left over (I used that odd shoe sleeve for a travel umbrella, though). Fit under the seat in front of me during the flight. I like how the padding protects my kindle. My husband loves how the sleeve slides right over the handle of the suitcase. A very practical solution.
gretchendz, Hoyaheel and rsqrott like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by ysolde
I had ordered the OG, and finally traveled with it earlier this month. Loved it. It is heavier than the Le Pliage (but, I mean, that was to be expected) and certainly more structured. Fit all my things with space left over (I used that odd shoe sleeve for a travel umbrella, though). Fit under the seat in front of me during the flight. I like how the padding protects my kindle. My husband loves how the sleeve slides right over the handle of the suitcase. A very practical solution.
Yes to everything that you said, ysolde. I'm waiting to hear how the bag worked out for hoyaheel
The LePliage was my prior travel bag as well but the shape of the OG seems to work better and is less awkward under the seat (doesn't stick out as far).
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I don't think I'll use it until a trip to Chicago in December. I guess I could try to use it for Thanksgiving but that's a road trip and doesn't count ;-) Glad the OG works for you! I am excited to try my OMG :-)
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:27 am

Check out Bento Bag by Nomad Lane. It has a padded compartment for your laptop, space for you extra pair of shoes, enough space for your clothes and toiletries, and pockets for other stuffs you would like to carry.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Sadly the piece that holds the large strap to my OMG bag snapped off while l was in the airport a few weeks ago. I have to take it to a repair shop when l get home in the UK. Sort of sucks. The smaller straps are holding up just fine though.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Ouch

Originally Posted by AStarr
Sadly the piece that holds the large strap to my OMG bag snapped off while l was in the airport a few weeks ago. I have to take it to a repair shop when l get home in the UK. Sort of sucks. The smaller straps are holding up just fine though.
Sorry to hear that. By the way for the remaining Lo and Sons fans, there is a sale on at 30% off many items.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
That sux! How long have you had it/ been using it?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
That sux! How long have you had it/ been using it?
I got it in February. I use it every few weeks for train, short haul, and transatlantic flights. It has been put through a bit of strain, not going to lie.

I'm definitely taking it for repair in the UK when l get home. The smaller double strap handle is fine. But the but that attaches the longer strap just popped mid-airport. I'm probably going to have both attachments reinforced. I really like this bag.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:19 am

AStarr- I'd contact L&S and let them know what happened. My OG is hanging tough after 2 solid years and I'm pretty rough on it. L&S may offer to repair or replace it, it can't hurt to ask.
That stinks, BTW!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by rsqrott
AStarr- I'd contact L&S and let them know what happened. My OG is hanging tough after 2 solid years and I'm pretty rough on it. L&S may offer to repair or replace it, it can't hurt to ask.
That stinks, BTW!
They don't ship outside the US last I checked and I'm not about to pay for international shipping when l can get it repaired here in England or Sweden. I'm not returning for at least 4 or 5 months... so I'm talking to the contracted folks will do Samsonite and Rimowa repairs outside of London.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:37 am

Lo and Sons Sale

They have a Black Friday sale now until Monday. 50% off on many of them (I finally ordered my red one).
Hoyaheel and AStarr like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by gretchendz
They have a Black Friday sale now until Monday. 50% off on many of them (I finally ordered my red one).
l might spring for the OG finally. I really like their bags. The OMG doesn't have quite enough space if l want to go two nights given what all l need to carry.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:19 pm

So an update on my OMG.

This company rocks. They actually sent me a replacement via FedEx last week to England. It's very unusual apparently... But l think my love for this bag really stood out in my emails. It goes on every trip with me because it fits exactly what I need that cannot get checked and does double duty as a purse. I mean, long haul, short haul, overnight, it's the bag I've been looking for.

I'm ecstatic that they sent me a new one.

They do offer a third party shipping option from the US to other countries for regular orders - l inquired about this briefly when discussing options. Buuuuut someone had some serious Christmas cheer in them. They sent it last Tuesday via FedEx. Arrived today. I couldn't be more happy.

l was not expecting this at all (the 2 years of expat life have brought my customer service expectations waaaay down).

So. That's one broken bag from the trip sorted. Still waiting on Samsonite to return my suitcase.
SanDiego1K, Hoyaheel and ysolde like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:45 pm

This is so cool to hear..restores my faith!

P.S. I got my lovely red one the other day
Hoyaheel and AStarr like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by gretchendz
This is so cool to hear..restores my faith!

P.S. I got my lovely red one the other day
Awesome. I'm thinking next sale I'm going to upgrade to a black/red OG. The larger size would do me well for my two-night trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.