Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

I need this travel tote in my life

I need this travel tote in my life

Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Totes

Originally Posted by rsqrott
Not meaning to resurrect this thread from the nearly dead but does anyone have the new version of the OG/OMG with the laptop sleeve having it's own zipper? I'm curious how the new version compares to the old and if the separate zipper (so you don't have to unpack the bag at TSA) makes things easier at all?
Also does the new, stiffer top still allow the bag to be crushed down to fit under the seat in front of you?
TIA.
Totes...I think I may own more totes than shoes (which means we are talking Imelda Marcos level...)

I, too, have the older OMGs..one red, one gray. I use the red, then I put all the heavy stuff in the gray and my husband carries it Unless I am alone, then red it is.
What I love about them is the padding but they are still light. I rarely put them in the overhead bin as they usually fit nicely under the seat. Anything to avoid overhead bin battles!
Would love to hear someone answer your question on the new versions--although I am not sure my tote closet can handle another one

Pro tip I mentioned a few pages back. To make sure I do not accidentally put something into the outside zipper pocket that is really the handle sleeve, I keep a bright luggage tag on the "good" side. Then I can drop things in it quickly knowing it will not fall out the bottom

Last edited by gretchendz; Jun 9, 2022 at 12:21 pm
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I bought the OMG after reading this thread but have one big issue with it: I can't figure out how to lock it. The large zipper pull tabs with the L&S logo are solid, there's no way to thread a lock through them.

When I travel, I don't leave unlocked bags in my room. When I'm in the SkyClub, I'm usually alone and don't bring my carry-ons with me when I step away to the ladies room and I realize theft there is unlikely but I still don't leave my bags unlocked. If I store a bag in an overhead bin, I want it to be locked. So as much as I like the bag, I'm not really using it much because to me, a bag that can't be locked only has so much use as a travel bag.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by gretchendz
Totes...I think I may own more totes than shoes (which means we are talking Imelda Marcos level...)

I, too, have the older OMGs..one red, one gray. I use the red, then I put all the heavy stuff in the gray and my husband carries it Unless I am alone, then red it is.
What I love about them is the padding but they are still light. I rarely put them in the overhead bin as they usually fit nicely under the seat. Anything to avoid overhead bin battles!
Would love to hear someone answer your question on the new versions--although I am not sure my tote closet can handle another one

Pro tip I mentioned a few pages back. To make sure I do not accidentally put something into the outside zipper pocket that is really the handle sleeve, I keep a bright luggage tag on the "good" side. Then I can drop things in it quickly knowing it will not fall out the bottom
My family calls me bag lady because I have so many bags. I even put myself on a bag ban, but then I found this in Kilkenny, Ireland, and I think you all will agree that I just had to have it.

So now I am making myself choose one precious that will need to go. Im to the point now where if I bring something new in, something else has to go.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I'm actually thinking if I am *forced* to get rid of bags (say, my husband tells me my luggage takes up too much space in the storage room - I have a problem) then I might get rid of my Lo & Sons bag, I just rarely use it. It's too bulky for me - I do not like the padding I guess. It's too big for me as a daily work bag (and I haven't been in to my office since March 2020 anyway, no clue yet if I'll have to resume any commute or not; it's a possibility.....Though after 2 years of doing a great job remotely and ENJOYING it, I will be pissed to be forced back)

I think my Lo & Sons bag is a bag for a life I don't lead and am unlikely to lead in the near future.....
freecia and whitewave like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:57 pm

I'll probably regret asking this, but...

Can anybody suggest a casual bag that will hold my laptop + 24 hours of clothes & basics?

My regular laptop bag is great for the laptop + work supplies, but I have a couple overnight work trips coming up, and I'd like to have just a single bag instead of separate clothes and computer bags. I'm really not the designer item type, so looking for something simple under $100.
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler

Can anybody suggest a casual bag that will hold my laptop + 24 hours of clothes & basics?

My regular laptop bag is great for the laptop + work supplies, but I have a couple overnight work trips coming up, and I'd like to have just a single bag instead of separate clothes and computer bags. I'm really not the designer item type, so looking for something simple under $100.
ok. Throwing this out there. I have a biaggi under the seat rolling luggage and they have other products too. Check here: https://biaggi.com/collections/all
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)

Its not under $100, but I love this bag and have 3. Things I like about it - pockets are well designed, laptop sleeve, outside sleeve for slipping it onto your roller, two hidden pockets, multiple inside slots sized for charging cords, sanitizer, snacks, etc. There's a Key keeper. Inner lining is vinyl and easy to clean, it's light, sleek looking, center compartment fits overnight things and travel pillow.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by QT31415
Its not under $100, but I love this bag and have 3. Things I like about it - pockets are well designed, laptop sleeve, outside sleeve for slipping it onto your roller, two hidden pockets, multiple inside slots sized for charging cords, sanitizer, snacks, etc. There's a Key keeper. Inner lining is vinyl and easy to clean, it's light, sleek looking, center compartment fits overnight things and travel pillow.
That's a great looking bag, and just the size I want, but double my price point .

whitewave, thanks for the suggestion, but I need something I can sling over my shoulder, smaller than a rolling bag.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:22 am

How casual?
I have used a Lo and Sons Catalina Deluxe tote for this purpose. Laptop sleeve for the laptop and the body of the bag for essentials. I have found the bottom zipped section to be great for clothes and toiletries, while keeping the top part for laptop and daily essentials. Heft over the shoulder like a regular tote. But this bag is canvas, very casual, basically a glorified tote bag. And the canvas itself can make the bag feel heavy even when empty.
Personally I'd look for anything that has a separate zipped bottom section.
CDTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott
How casual?
Umm, not canvas. I wouldn't want to walk into a meeting with a canvas bag. I have LeSportSac floral print bag that is a good size and lightweight, but "too girly" for a professional look. Leather looks classy, but is too heavy, would prefer something lighter weight hanging off my shoulder.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by QT31415

That is a great looking bag.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:40 am

I have a Uniqlo 3 Way Bag which fills the larger laptop + 1-3 night shoulder style carry bag at a budget price and also has a backpack mode. It is pretty lightweight though the front zip pocket could use an internal gusset. I use packing cubes and organizer to separate clothing from cables. Alas, it isn't being sold this season https://packhacker.com/travel-gear/uniqlo/3-way-bag/

Timbuk2 makes a similar convertible bag
https://www.timbuk2.com/products/355...fcase-backpack Black $149
https://www.timbuk2.com/products/355...39461868797994 Light Grey $89 Final Sale
So does Topo Designs which is going to be colorful.

I like my Uniqlo bag's main opening better, as it doesn't unzip fully so I can rummage through it while using it as shoulder bag. It's slimmer than a tote and shaped more like the boarding bags pre 2000's like
Amazon Amazon
without the U shaped opening. Perhaps you have a messenger bag, similar shaped "boston bag", or perfectly sized tote which could be enhanced with a laptop sleeve & cable pouch?

It looks like LeSportSac is having a sale. Must. Resist.
Hoyaheel and whitewave like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:28 am

That's a great looking bag, and just the size I want, but double my price point .
How about this one?
Beis weekender
I don't have the bag and have never seen it in person but it's on the list of things that intrigue me. They also have a mini weekender priced at $88. Body is cotton/poly so not as casual as plain canvas.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Reviving the thread

Greetings!

I am reviving this thread in the hope you all can help me.

I use some great Lo and Sons OMG bags for carry-on that I love. However, for my personal item, I have been carrying a LARGE (20 inch by 12 inch) nylon tote that I bought many years ago from Lipault . I like it because I can get both laptop and small nylon Longchamp bag into it. However, age is catching up with my beloved Lipault and they do not seem to make anything remotely similar.

Any suggestions for a very large nylon bag, preferably navy but will entertain other colors? Zipper top a requirement. Prefer to have a sleeve for hooking it onto luggage handle

By the way, the Longchamp bag is the result of this thread (scroll down) and I love it.

Thanks in advance, I know you won't let me down
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Have you checked out le sportsac? They don't always have solid colors, but often black or navy options. Nordstrom Rack often has great LS deal - like this (this is too large as a personal item mostly - it's a weekender). They have this (I like the geometric shape - a little different) in black and a floral. (the Rack website has a few more options) I have some Lands End luggage - used to be well made, not sure about current, but this tote is cute and on sale.
SanDiego1K, gretchendz and tcl like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.