Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Babyliss Pro travel/folding hairdryer

Old Sep 25, 11, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Anybody like this hairdryer?

http://www.amazon.com/Babyliss-Tourm...ref=pd_sbs_bt5

It has pretty good reviews on amazon.

Trying to find the best one for an upcoming trip, so if anybody has thoughts on it or another one, I'd be very interested.

Thank you!

~ravello
Old Sep 26, 11, 10:53 pm

Thumbs up Yes

I bought it from Bed Bath and Beyond for my usual trip to Istanbul and it worked so well that when I arrived home I kept using it instead of my regular dryer. I have used it in several countries and it hasn't disappointed me yet!
Old Oct 4, 11, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Brett! Good to know this! I think I'll go with this one. It has gotten really good reviews.
Old Oct 11, 11, 7:19 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, True Blue, Southwest, IHG
I have the babyliss dual voltage travel dryer and love it for its size, weight and power. I have semi-thick wavy hair that likes to stay wet and the ion feature helps cut the drying time by half.

However, if you have really thick hair, I would recommend a stronger (but sadly larger) dryer.

Be careful when you order this dryer as it was been recalled a few years back. For some unknown reason vendors are still selling the recalled unit. The recalled unit has a model number that contains -052 while the new "safe" models are "-053" If you do accidentally get a recalled one, try to get a refund and buy somewhere else or contact Conair. The recall is still effective, and they will replace the recalled unit for free (free shipping both ways) . However the unit they send is the factory (refub?) unit and does not have the CE tags so you would have basically used up your warranty for the recall-trade-in.

The new version is just a touch weaker than the old version that was recalled bc the fan was too strong and would spin itself off and shatter the body of the dryer. However this is still a really strong dryer for its tiny size.

Also there are 2 versions of this dryer: 1) with a fixed handle that only handles 120V (US & Canada) that also has the cool-shot feature and 2) dual voltage and folding handle. Both look the same and the model number differs only by a suffix "T" for the dual voltage version.
Old Oct 12, 11, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by tcl View Post
I have the babyliss dual voltage travel dryer and love it for its size, weight and power. I have semi-thick wavy hair that likes to stay wet and the ion feature helps cut the drying time by half.

However, if you have really thick hair, I would recommend a stronger (but sadly larger) dryer.

Be careful when you order this dryer as it was been recalled a few years back. For some unknown reason vendors are still selling the recalled unit. The recalled unit has a model number that contains -052 while the new "safe" models are "-053" If you do accidentally get a recalled one, try to get a refund and buy somewhere else or contact Conair. The recall is still effective, and they will replace the recalled unit for free (free shipping both ways) . However the unit they send is the factory (refub?) unit and does not have the CE tags so you would have basically used up your warranty for the recall-trade-in.

The new version is just a touch weaker than the old version that was recalled bc the fan was too strong and would spin itself off and shatter the body of the dryer. However this is still a really strong dryer for its tiny size.

Also there are 2 versions of this dryer: 1) with a fixed handle that only handles 120V (US & Canada) that also has the cool-shot feature and 2) dual voltage and folding handle. Both look the same and the model number differs only by a suffix "T" for the dual voltage version.
Thank you for the info, tcl!
Old Aug 16, 12, 8:53 am

Thanks for the info! I ordered one on Amazon (prime shipping eligible) for $24.58. I am loving the small size and dual voltage for my travels to europe.

Search this Thread