Exfoliants for dry feet

Old May 20, 2011, 4:11 pm

You also might want to get him a peeling gel for exfoliating.

It's an Asian product and you can find it on sasa.com or ebay http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pee...ksid=m37.l1313

Apply it to dry skin and rub. It will clump up sort of like how glue does, if you get it on your skin and you rub at it to get it off.
Old May 20, 2011, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by freecia
You also might want to get him a peeling gel for exfoliating.

It's an Asian product and you can find it on sasa.com or ebay http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pee...ksid=m37.l1313

Apply it to dry skin and rub. It will clump up sort of like how glue does, if you get it on your skin and you rub at it to get it off.
I'm going to try that.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Update

I'm a little creeped out by foot files so I'm leaving those as a last resort. I had a look at ingredient list of the lotion he had been using and it contained lactic acid (no idea what concentration though). So I decided to try a cream with urea in it. I got Flexitol which was $2 off (I love a sale!). I've been using it with him and in two days I'm noticing a difference in my feet but he's yet to notice much of anything.

I'm going to give it another week or two. If he's not getting results, then I'm going to pick up Amlactin and a foot very fine git foot file for him.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: LH SEN-2013, PC Platinum, HH Silver, MR
A medical pedicurist (literally translated from German, not sure if such expression is used in the US) recommended the following steps:

- treat your feet with a luke warm bath for about 15 - 30 min
- rub your feet with a pumice skin where needed
- let the skin dry
- VERY generously apply a cream such as Dr. Scholl's Callus Remover (or similar, just any rich foot cream will do) - be REALLY generous
- wrap each foot in plastic bag - do not put on socks at this stage as the sock will be soaked with the cream instead of the foot!!
- if you like, cover the 'feet in plastic bag' with a blanket - the heat will help the cream to penetrate
- wait for about 1 hour (spend some time on the sofa watching TV?) until you unwrap your feet and remove the excess cream (do not wash your feet, just remove the excess with paper towels)

You'll see a remarkable difference after one treatment. Do it on a regular basis. I have had marvelous results and have no cracked feed any more.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by QMConsultant; Jun 16, 2011 at 5:04 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:34 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Have you tried talking your hubby into a pedicure? The thick skin on his feet are probably absorbing all the cream you're putting on without reaching the inner layers where it works best.

Some podiatrists that have larger offices have nursing assistants that do medical pedicures and medical foot massages. Although it's really a medical procedure rather than a pedicure and is usually reserved for those with badly inflamed feet.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
I thought I'd update my own thread with a new find.

Two weeks ago I went to the doctor with a horrible itching on my legs. Much to my relief it was eczema (3AM itchy sleepless google searches are scary, scary things). Anyway, the NP suggested that I get Eucerin or Aquafor. She said that lotions weren't enough and that the stuff in a tub would leave my skin soft. This got me thinking about this thread and my husband's feet.

It's two weeks later and the heat is on but our feet (mine more than his) are on the mend. My feet are super soft everywhere but those place that where the driest (i.e. inner big toe caluses). I think that by the end of next month our feet should be baby soft. My hands are also not suffering chalk related dryness and cracking that I usually have during the school year.

The stuff that I bought was Aquafor's petroleum stuff that comes in a tub (and a small tube). I ended up buying one for home and one for the road.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vaseline - super cheap and very effective. I get very dry feet sometimes, so I soak them (really I just take a bath!) and use a foot file or pumice, then a body scrub (whatever I have on the go for the rest of my body) then once I get out of the bath, I I slather on the vaseline, pop a ziplock bag on each food, and slip a pair of cozy socks on. Then I leave them for a few hours / overnight. A few nights of this and every hint of dryness has gone!

I also use eucerin for itchy skin and find it very effective. But my feet are fine with vaseline!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
The hubby has really dry feet and is snagging my expensive high thread count sheets. I've picked up a couple of exfoliants and lotions to have him try but none are terribly helpful. Has anyone found a good exfoliant and/or lotion that helps with dry feet?
I had the most horrible feet and hated wearing pretty shoes because my feet looked so awful.
I decided to cure the problem on my own.

I bought these items at the grocery store:
Epsom Salt
Dish tub
Pedi Scrub Foot Buffer - At the grocery store.
Beuti Control Spa Pedicure Set - This has been what I do instead of going to pay for a spa.
Eucerin Cream

Daily when at home I would soak my feet in the tub with epsom salt. I would do this before bed and use the Spa Pedicure Set after that. Once that was complete I would lather my feet and heels with additional cream/Eucerin Cream and sleep with a pair of socks on.
I began to notice a difference within a few days and now my feet are beautiful.
I do this daily and I do not walk barefoot any longer.

I promise if you try this, you will both love his feet!

I do not feel the Beuti Control Creme is necessary but it feels so good!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: AA DULtArer
Heel of Approval (sic) is excellent IMHO...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
If you or someone you know goes through LHR, pick up a few tubes of Boot's Cracked Heel cream at the Boot's in the airport. Great for callouses as well as very dry, cracked heels and very inexpensive. Once they are soft, use the Boot's once a week and in between use CeraVe cream (available at many stores including Costco). My dermatologist put me onto it - fantastic skin cream. They make a lotion as well but that won't do it for dry feet. Also don't, of course, get the CeraVe face cream - it's the body cream you want.

Treat him to a fine pedicure to get started!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I just found Paisley & Company Bee Butter this weekend, and am loving it!!! They'll customize scents for you if you call to order, or stop into their only store.

http://paisleyandcompany.com/shop_on...izers.html#bee

I picked up the Peppermint scent, along with their muscle relief balm. All products are blended there, by a mother and daughter team.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:43 am

I also have really dry feet and it cracks, due to sweating and not changing my socks quickly enough to where they are wet and dry every so many hours.
This takes a serious toll on my feet and creates cracking and severe dryness.
I began using Beat models balms and it significantly has helped to control the sweat drying out my skin and my feet are soft and smooth even after the first application.
hope this helps
Irv -
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: CO Silver, DL
When travelling to the US 2 yrs ago a friend asked me to get Stridex pads for her for her heels -they're actually anti-acne wipes but apparently some acid in the pads helps remove the dry skin. She then used Flexitol Heel Balm with it for a month or so...and was very happy with the result. I know that she uses Palmers cocoa butter now (you'd think this was a product placement piece with all the brand names!) every night on her heels and that she doesn't have problems any longer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.