Wiki Posts
Search

Wings news...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2000, 9:33 pm
BSL
Original Poster

Wings news...

Continental said its ``Wings'' alliance, with Northwest Airlines Corp., KLM Royal Dutch Airlines NV and Alitalia SpA, may soon include ``a very strong Asian carrier'' and one or two Latin American airlines.

Thoughts? Thai or Malaysia

and in Latin America:

That leaves Transbrasil SA, Brazil's fourth-largest airline, as a possible partner. ``There's no doubt we would like to have a more fixed relationship with a Brazilian airline,'' Anderson said. ``If it happens to be Transbrasil, I can't tell you.''

-and-

Anderson said Continental is not in official talks to buy stakes in any airline in the region. Continental has partnerships with several Latin American airlines, including Aserca Airlines in Venezuela, Aerolineas Centrales de Colombia SA and Avant Airlines in Chile.

Quoted in a press release from CO today on RJ's and LGA expansion at: http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi...uote99_news.ht

BSL
Old Apr 20, 2000, 1:11 am
BSL
Original Poster

did anyone see this??
Old Apr 20, 2000, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
I think many saw it, but did not comment.
Nothing really new. Wings is starting to get boring because nothing is starting!
Old Apr 20, 2000, 5:29 pm

Hello, BSL,

I read a Reuter or Bloomberg dispatch from KUL a few weeks ago that a top MH executive said MH would decide which alliance it would join by mid-May. Among the alliance under consideration are Wings and oneworld.

Also, there have been a few reports saying CI has been urging NW to take an equity stake in it.

I think TG has been excluded, as it said at an April news conference that it would stick to Star.

AF dropped out last year and opted to join hands with DL.

Wings a long time ago contracted a major ad agency. I really wonder when it will start.
Old Apr 24, 2000, 12:48 am

Location: Oxford, UK CO Gold, AS MVP, KL RW and AZ nothing, plus Airmiles collector !! With the AZ / KL split now who knows ?
Some years ago KL had a partnership with transbrasil, that lasted only for the summer.. I do not know the full details, but i was told that it was spectacularly unsuccessful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.