Westjet switching to Sabre

Old Sep 3, 09, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Westjet switching to Sabre

I've heard from my travel agent that based on an e-mail received, it stated that Westjet would be switching to Sabre for its reservations system.

Westjet will also be participating in BSP Canada and ARC (US) for ticketing and payment settlement. This could possibly mean that Westjet would start to have interline e-ticket agreements with various airlines.

Does this mean that Westjet is now going to be a one-class full service carrier?
Old Sep 3, 09, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daniellam View Post
I've heard from my travel agent that based on an e-mail received, it stated that Westjet would be switching to Sabre for its reservations system.
I think they announced this in February???

http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources...l.aspx?n=52094
Old Sep 3, 09, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam View Post
This could possibly mean that Westjet would start to have interline e-ticket agreements with various airlines.
=)

They've already announced partnerships with Southwest, Air France and KLM and will be announcing more with British Airways, Cathay Pacific and China Airlines.
Old Oct 7, 09, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC*E, Fairmont PG, Starwood Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Cutover to SABREsonic set for 16OCT09

Here are the details:

CALGARY — WestJet’s target implementation cutover date for its new SabreSonic Customer Sales and Service reservation system will be Oct. 16.

“Please be aware that our reservations system will be unavailable during our cutover window and this is applicable across all our distribution channels; GDS, westjet.com, and our call centre,” said the company.
The system implementation is expected to be completed by the early hours of Oct. 17.

In addition to its Sales Super Centre and the GDS systems, the platform for WestJet’s new Agent WEBLink will also be run by the SabreSonic web product.
Old Oct 15, 09, 8:28 am

Programs: AC Subhuman (*A silver), NW Barely Alive
There's now a notice on the main Westjet webpage saying that the res system is changing, and to download/copy the flights you have booked and profile info because neither will be available on the new system.

I need to book a trip today too... good thing they let me know to download the info!
Old Oct 15, 09, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Goldpoints Plus, Priority Club, Fly Blue

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 10 at 4:14 am
Old Oct 15, 09, 9:31 am

Old Oct 15, 09, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by jong866 View Post
Where does it say this exactly, i can tseem to find it?
Interesting. It's gone now - was there when I last checked the site. Was where the login fields are on the start page.
Old Oct 15, 09, 1:04 pm

Old Oct 15, 09, 10:15 pm

I just re-logged in to buy a ticket and the notice appears where the login fields are. Thanks for the info on the cutover.. brave to do it during the day!!! Any ideas on how long the system will be down?
Old Oct 16, 09, 2:51 am

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 10 at 4:13 am
Old Oct 17, 09, 8:25 am

The new interface is a bit clunky. I liked the old version where it would show you non-stops at the top of each selection screen. Now they're buried in the other flights.

I also seem to now have no way to check my currently held itineraries. Hopefully there's no sked changes!!!!
Old Oct 17, 09, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
The online system, could not complete my reservation or seat selection... I was presented a page asking me to call to complete the reservation, although it does say how much my credit card was charged.

The westjet site says the itinerary is not ticketed, but virtuallythere says confirmed... there could be a lot of upset people who missed the message at the top of the booking confirmation page, but when they click the link to virtuallythere are under the impression that everything is OK.
Old Oct 17, 09, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by billybob123 View Post
The new interface is a bit clunky. I liked the old version where it would show you non-stops at the top of each selection screen. Now they're buried in the other flights.

I also seem to now have no way to check my currently held itineraries. Hopefully there's no sked changes!!!!
Hi BillyBob! I just went to the new website, and it appears that there is a tab that you can click on to choose "non stop only" or "non stop and connecting" flights. If you choose "non stop only" it brings up only those flights. Hope that hint helps you out next time!
Old Oct 18, 09, 11:22 am

Programs: Westjet Gold. DL SM (misses NW WP), AC AP, Hertz President's Circle
I found the Check Schedules link and it seems that it will not list all departures from a city for an entire week. You must now enter in a destination city, whereas on the old system you could leave the destination city blank and it would list every single destination city and whether it was a non-stop flight or if the flight required connections. I much prefer the old system for checking out the route schedules.

Last edited by YEGcited; Oct 18, 09 at 11:22 am Reason: grammar

Search this Thread