Out of whack pricing?

Old Jun 15, 09, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Air, PP, MGM Gold
Out of whack pricing?

We booked a flight to LAS from YYJ back in the spring and the ticket prices were in line with the other airlines. Since then the price recently quoted is around $600~800 return while the competitors are charging $500~ Does this indicate that the flight is near full or that there is something wrong? as I can't foresee many people paying $800 to fly to Vegas for a week???

Cheers
S.
Old Jun 16, 09, 11:00 am

How about a date?

Westjet is offering exactly the same fare as United, AC, and Alaska on this route if you book far enough in advance and on the right days. So, I'd say there is nothing unusual and typical load/fare management practices are in play for whatever flight you are looking at.
Old Jun 16, 09, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Air, PP, MGM Gold
Sept 20-29

I suspect it's the load management, just seems a little high when compared.

We booked several months ago and cost $207(after tax) each way, and now some friends are trying to come and getting no where near that price.

Are there no sites to view the assigned seats on this flight? Even when I sign in with my confirmation code now and click change seat it says that the function is not available.
Old Jun 16, 09, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by sinecure View Post
Sept 20-29

I suspect it's the load management, just seems a little high when compared.

We booked several months ago and cost $207(after tax) each way, and now some friends are trying to come and getting no where near that price.

Are there no sites to view the assigned seats on this flight? Even when I sign in with my confirmation code now and click change seat it says that the function is not available.
Patience... It's June.
Old Jun 26, 09, 9:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Goldpoints Plus, Priority Club, Fly Blue

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 10 at 4:33 am

Search this Thread