FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   WJ - Seat selection and other questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/943690-wj-seat-selection-other-questions.html)

armeee Apr 15, 2009 7:07 am

WJ - Seat selection and other questions

I am very close to booking online 4 seats from YOW to LAS.

Looking at some of the links on the WJ website I am confused about the whole seat selection process.

It says on the website:

Can I reserve my seat ahead of time?

Answer:
WestJet's seat selection option, is available. This will allow guests to choose where they will be seated at the time of booking, or up to 1 hour before their flight departs.The seat selection fee will be $10 for an aisle, middle or window seat, and $15 for seats in the coveted emergency exit rows, which have substantially more legroom.

WestJet’s new seat selection option is available through westjet.com, the WestJet Sales Super Centre, WestJet Vacations call centre and through travel agents.*

All WestJet guests, regardless of the fare they purchased, will still be able to select their seat at no charge when using Web check in or Mobile check in within 24 hours of their flight. All you need is your last name, departure city and your WestJet confirmation number or the credit card number (including the expiry date) that was used to purchase your flight. Currently, Web check in is available for scheduled service domestic , transborder and select international flights.

All other guests including those with special services requests will receive their seat assignment at the airport upon check in. All seat assignments are on a first come, first served basis at the airport.

So.......... i assume that if I book my flights and want certain seats that it will cost me $10 per traveller. I am connecting at YOW, is that a seperate charge for that flight as well. Because the way I read this..... it would cost us $160 to select our seats for the return trip.

So.... i assume that I can get online withen 24 hours and select my seats free of charge. Does this include both flights YOW and YYZ.
Also.... in Vegas will I have to get online and do the same thing for the return flights.:eek:

My hope is that the 4 of us will be getting seats together. I believe the WJ planes are 3+3 seating.

Will be checking back frequently today for help on this thread.

thanks so much WJ experts

StuMcIlwain Apr 15, 2009 4:29 pm

If you just want to get 4 seats together, then there is no need to pay to select your seats in advance. You will be able to get them if you check in online several hours before your flight. They should still be available if you check in at the airport, as long as you don't wait until the last minute.

You can select seats on your connecting flights when you check in online, but you will have to check in both in YOW and LAS. I believe the $10 fee also includes connecting flights, but I have never used it so someone else will have to confirm.

Fisch (the second) Apr 16, 2009 10:09 am

The fee does include connecting flights. Your are entitled to seat selection from origin to destination for one fee.

jong866 Apr 17, 2009 2:11 am

armeee Apr 17, 2009 4:42 am

thanks

You guys were a big help!

Armeee:)

1011TriStar Jun 18, 2015 9:43 am

I have an early morning flight to YYZ with an international connection a few hours later (both westjet). If I OLCI 24 hours prior to departure of my first flight, can I select seats for both flights or do I have to wait until 24 hours prior to the departure of the international flight to select seats for the international flight?
Can I purchase plus seats for the international flight only?

aerobod Jun 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by 1011TriStar (Post 24990815)
I have an early morning flight to YYZ with an international connection a few hours later (both westjet). If I OLCI 24 hours prior to departure of my first flight, can I select seats for both flights or do I have to wait until 24 hours prior to the departure of the international flight to select seats for the international flight?
Can I purchase plus seats for the international flight only?

If the flights are both legs of the same booking reference (PNR), you should be able to select seats for both flights 24 hrs before the first one.

1011TriStar Jun 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by aerobod (Post 24992261)
If the flights are both legs of the same booking reference (PNR), you should be able to select seats for both flights 24 hrs before the first one.

It is on the same PNR. Thanks for the info.

WestJet Jun 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Hey armeee,

If you choose to reserve your seats at the time of booking, the fee is payable per flight.

It seems like you're flying Ottawa to Las Vegas with a connection in Toronto, so here's how the fees would break down:
Ottawa - Toronto $5.65
Toronto - Las Vegas $21
Las Vegas - Toronto $21
Toronto - Ottawa $5.65

You don't need to reserve your seats for the entire trip if you don't want. For example, if you're not bothered about where you sit on the short-haul flight, but you do want to make sure you're seated in your preferred seat on the long-haul flight, then that's OK.

Hope this helps,
Darren

1011TriStar Jun 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by WestJet (Post 24997606)
Hey armeee,

If you choose to reserve your seats at the time of booking, the fee is payable per flight.

It seems like you're flying Ottawa to Las Vegas with a connection in Toronto, so here's how the fees would break down:
Ottawa - Toronto $5.65
Toronto - Las Vegas $21
Las Vegas - Toronto $21
Toronto - Ottawa $5.65

You don't need to reserve your seats for the entire trip if you don't want. For example, if you're not bothered about where you sit on the short-haul flight, but you do want to make sure you're seated in your preferred seat on the long-haul flight, then that's OK.

Hope this helps,
Darren

You do realize Armeee's question was asked April 15, 2009. Better late than never I guess:D. Only by 6+ years.

superangrypenguin Jun 23, 2015 8:39 am

WS = Westjet. Not WJ.

WestJet Jun 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by 1011TriStar (Post 24998831)
You do realize Armeee's question was asked April 15, 2009. Better late than never I guess:D. Only by 6+ years.

Obviously not. :eek: