Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Air Miles bonus; buy 6 boxes granola bars, get 100 AM's

Old Mar 15, 09, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

Note sure if this is a strictly Edmonton, Alberta or W. Canada offer, but thought it worth mentioning nonetheless. Noticed today in the weekly Safeway flyer they have Nature Valley granola bars (either the crunchy kind or the fancy ones with the yogurt base) on 4 for $10 (or $2.50 each) and an Air Miles offer where you get 100 bonus AM's when you buy 6 boxes.

So buying twelve boxes is $31.50 incl GST and nets 200 bonus Air Miles. Seeing as you can redeem for a Keg GC for $25 by redeeming 195 AM's, that means on a $31.50 spend you're in essence getting a $25 bonus. Not bad, especially since I love the bars and pack them to work or have one instead of chips or something else less healthy while watching some TV.

The offer is on all week, of course subject to availability of the item which in West Edmonton was theatened by my shopping spree this a.m. I'm not the type to go crazy and spend $600 on these things, but fortunately had some Safeway GC's I received as a company incentive so getting the 500 AM's I should earn from todays purchased wound up costing me absolutely nothing.

Hope someone else can take advantage of this offer.
Old Apr 4, 09, 2:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

Just noticed tonight the batch of AM's hit the online account and added 700 to my balance.

Search this Thread