Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apology Accepted

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:46 pm
meligator

Apology Accepted

Just got a Westjet e-mail apologizing for December 8 flight delay Edmonton-Winnipeg. I never complained to about it. (The delays put us back a few hours). With the email is a credit (the cost of the original flight) and a request for my continued loyalty.

Over the years this airline has continued to pleasantly surprise me, in many ways. With all the crappy customer service out there, they really do stand out. Great to have them in the mix.

Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:44 pm

i wonder if air canada will do the same for all the people they treated like crap in calgary near x-mas? left them with 2 planes worth of luggage on the arrival level with cancelled flights and not even a sorry.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by justaname
i wonder if air canada will do the same for all the people they treated like crap in calgary near x-mas? left them with 2 planes worth of luggage on the arrival level with cancelled flights and not even a sorry.
AC wouldn't do this if the pax was a SE on a paid J fare. I'd be impressed if a SE in J even got 50 dollars.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by meligator
Just got a Westjet e-mail apologizing for December 8 flight delay Edmonton-Winnipeg. I never complained to about it. (The delays put us back a few hours). With the email is a credit (the cost of the original flight) and a request for my continued loyalty.

Over the years this airline has continued to pleasantly surprise me, in many ways. With all the crappy customer service out there, they really do stand out. Great to have them in the mix.

Few hour delay and they issued a credit for the full value of ur flight!?! Nice of them . . . not sure about the business sense of it though.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Goldpoints Plus, Priority Club, Fly Blue

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:44 am
Old Feb 17, 2009, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by jong866
Also to add to the fact... We made hundreds of millions of dollars and theyve lost billions. It seems, we can afford to do these things. And we do it. Why? Because we care!!
Not that I don't doubt the importance of "brand image" and the connection to profitability, Westjet can afford to do what they did because their costs are lower in other areas. The positive PR from something like this has a large value well beyond the cost in direct advertising.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
im in SHOCK! ^
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:31 pm
meligator

Originally Posted by why fly
im in SHOCK! ^
Then you'd blow your stack when I tell you they flew me to Costa Rica last year. But they don't fly to Costa Rica, you say? EXACTLY.

These guys live their "care" brand to the core. Seen it time and again.
Believe me, I write ads for living and am as jaded as they come.....

jong866 you should be proud. That mantra they've given you should make you happy. It's amazing what real humans, treating others like real humans can do. And yes, some of us notice! So tell me, do they train you specifically how to live the brand when they hire you?

Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Few hour delay and they issued a credit for the full value of ur flight!?! Nice of them . . . not sure about the business sense of it though.
The business sense is customer service. People remember this and will reward WestJet for it.

I'm interested to see WJ finally launch a FFP.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by meligator
So tell me, do they train you specifically how to live the brand when they hire you?
Nope, but we are hired for the right outlook/attitude and then given the tools and empowerement to do whatever we want to make someone happy. Honestly, it works because the people above US generally treat us this way too.

It's all about trickle-down, and it works!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Business sense? They've been making money hand over fist almost continuously since they began. I'd say their "business sense" is a great deal more acute than most businesses in Canada, North America, or even the world.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: United, SPG, PC, Hertz
Good for them. I wish westjet have a business class.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Goldpoints Plus, Priority Club, Fly Blue

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:44 am
Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by powermode01
Good for them. I wish westjet have a business class.
^
Here is hoping Westjet will buy some Boeing 777's and expand WAYYY west to HKG!! @:-)^
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Canadasiaflyer
^
Here is hoping Westjet will buy some Boeing 777's and expand WAYYY west to HKG!! @:-)^
Agreed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.