FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Hello from a WestJetter (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/907366-hello-westjetter.html)

lyndseo Jan 7, 2009 3:54 pm

Hello from a WestJetter

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks to SWABrian for letting me know about FT.

My name is Lyndsay and I am the Search Engine Optimization Coordinator on WestJet's Web Business Team. I am responsible for a variety of tasks with regards to all of WestJet's web sites.

I'm also embarking on bringing WestJet into the wonderful world of social media. I run WestJet's Twitter account (@twitter) and am hoping to really get into blogs and forums to help WestJet guests whenever I can.

Great posts in here, I better get back to reading :)

ProudEdmontonian Jan 7, 2009 4:55 pm

Welcome to FT!^:cool:

CanuckFlyHigh Jan 7, 2009 5:29 pm

Awesome. AS usual, great gesture from a great company. May I suggest an automatic signature like the Starwood Lurkers have in the Starwood forum - just to identify yourself.

TheGreatestX Jan 7, 2009 6:31 pm

There's a few errors on the website's route map... Edmonton to LA is now year round, Toronto to LA is no longer served and Toronto to Montego Bay is now year round... I just thought I'd share in case you have contact with anyone who updates the maps.

Altaflyer Jan 7, 2009 7:22 pm

My slow Telus internet and your website do not get along. I think there are too many flash features and it takes a lot of energy to run these as opposed to running what matters - the guts of the page. I don't need high-speed internet as I don't download so won't be getting speedier internet.

Oh, and yes Welcome :)

curbcrusher Jan 7, 2009 8:01 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk, lyndseo. :)

lyndseo Jan 8, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks for the feedback! I absolutely do have contact to look into these things, and will definitely pass the message on.

airbus320 Jan 8, 2009 2:58 pm

While you are looking into things....when making a booking online,the script on your verification code is sometimes confusing and hard to decipher

lyndseo Jan 8, 2009 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by airbus320 (Post 11037689)
the script on your verification code is sometimes confusing and hard to decipher

Can you elaborate on this?

The route map has been updated :) We had a code freeze over the holidays, today was our first update since early December.

airbus320 Jan 8, 2009 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by lyndseo (Post 11038910)
Can you elaborate on this?

The route map has been updated :) We had a code freeze over the holidays, today was our first update since early December.

Sorry I was not clear on my observation.

Under WestJet Guest...and Itinerary booking....When logging with confirmation number and pax first and family name...you also need to enter verification code.....the script used for verifcation code is difficult to read and twice I had to guess what was written.

tcook052 Jan 8, 2009 10:34 pm

Welcome to FT! ^

skaven Jan 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Welcome lyndseo. Glad to have you here. :)

jong866 Feb 9, 2009 2:34 pm

Welcome Lyndsay! Great to see a cubicle geek on here :P
Hellooooooo from INFLIGHT!
:D

francismc Feb 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Welcome

Hi Lyndsay,

I would also like to send my welcome to you for joining this site.

I shall be travelling from Edinburgh, Scotland to Toronto via LHR and opted to travel with WestJet from Toronto to Calgary - such an easy way to book via the website (easy to see the low fares using the 28 days option - British Airways who we're flying international doesn't offer this).

Looking forward to my first WestJet flight in July.