Community
Wiki Posts
Search

employment at westjet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

I was worried at the prospect of him having to "gas up" the plane...he's not crazy on the idea of "flushing" the plane and not connecting the hoses correctly.
Hopefully it will all work out ok. Are you also in Calgary?
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by fasth
I was worried at the prospect of him having to "gas up" the plane...he's not crazy on the idea of "flushing" the plane and not connecting the hoses correctly.
Hopefully it will all work out ok. Are you also in Calgary?
the ramp guys (tac) do not fuel the planes. they empty the lavs and put
in the potable water. Trust me the prospect of having it spill all over you
is usually a good incentive to make sure the hose is on correctly.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

thanks Ace...we are both excited and sort of anxious about his new job...
We are in Ontario and he is in Calgary, so just trying to be supportive from a distance. The idea of him working on a jet is a bit overwheming...I guess it must be for most people till they get used to it.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:01 pm

you certainly see things from a different persepective when you are standing underneath the plane. It's kinda cool actually.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:24 pm

Question Flight Attendant Interview

Originally Posted by YYCguy
I am a flight attendant at Westjet. First of all, I would like to be the first on this forum to congratulate your son! I welcome him to the Westjet family! Second, although I am fairly unfamiliar with the ramp agent position (we call them TAC short for Turn Around Crew), I can offer some insights into the company. I think it is a fantastic company to work for! We are empowered to make decisions on the spot, we have many ways that we say thanks to each for our dedication and hard work, including profit sharing checks, parties, visits from the Big Guys (Executive Team), and so many more. The company has a strong history and will have a strong future. There is an employee share purchase program in which one can contribute up to 20% of one's income to the program and Westjet will match that dollar for dollar! My brother used to be a TAC team member and loved his travel benefits and used them well. I could go on and on but then this post would get so long. If you would like to discuss further, please do PM me! Cheers!

I have just finished the first part of the telephone interview to become a flight attendant. The second part is the group interview...wondering if you can give me a few pointers of what I am to expect ... thank you.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
If you speak French (or another 2nd language) you'd be better of applying at AC, where decent interline agreements will actually allow you to see the world. Unless you can't get enough of vacationing in Florida.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 4:03 pm

Programs: AP, AM
Originally Posted by LeSabre74
Unless you can't get enough of vacationing in Florida.
or Hawaii or Bahamas or Arizona or Palm Springs or future destinations/alliances
Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: AEROPLAN
west jet is a fun company. sometimes they have TP races to decide which side of the plane gets to deplane first
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:37 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by st7860
west jet is a fun company. sometimes they have TP races to decide which side of the plane gets to deplane first
Not anymore we don't. Those games have gone by the wayside!!!
Old Apr 20, 2007, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Fisch
Not anymore we don't. Those games have gone by the wayside!!!
As have most of the over the PA jokes.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by obsyow
or Hawaii or Bahamas or Arizona or Palm Springs or future destinations/alliances
Ooh, Arizona and Plam Springs, I can feel the glamour and excitement amongst the Polident crowd.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by LeSabre74
Ooh, Arizona and Plam Springs, I can feel the glamour and excitement amongst the Polident crowd.

Westjet has agreements with some of the major airlines. NW, AS. So I think
that would cover alot of ground.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:21 pm

Philippine Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Air Transat, Zoom, Etihad Airways, Jetblue, Alaska/Horizon, Southwest, and Lan Chile are our biggest interlines. We had Swiss but that ends May 1.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 1:27 pm

I also have made it through the phone interview, but now I'm stressing about the group interview... any tips?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by lacey
I also have made it through the phone interview, but now I'm stressing about the group interview... any tips?
Im stressing about the group interview too...
whens ur interview? mine is This Thursday...in the AM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.