Digital meal vouchers

Old May 2, 2024, 12:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Digital meal vouchers

I got a bunch of meal vouchers from WS today. They're digital, MasterCard one-time things. No instructions whatsoever on how to use them. Haven't been able to find anything here on the forum about them either.

Anyone know where these are accepted? Pretty much everything at YYC was closed. The 7-11 landside definitely doesn't take them. Any way to use these off-airport or online? There's a full MC number, CVC, expiry, and billing zip code.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
We got a couple of these in OGG after a canceled flight. We used them at the airport, the server scanned them and credited them to the bill, paid the balance with Visa. The voucher covered the tip and not much more! Don't know if they would be good anywhere else.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:32 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I got a bunch of meal vouchers from WS today. They're digital, MasterCard one-time things. No instructions whatsoever on how to use them. Haven't been able to find anything here on the forum about them either.

Anyone know where these are accepted? Pretty much everything at YYC was closed. The 7-11 landside definitely doesn't take them. Any way to use these off-airport or online? There's a full MC number, CVC, expiry, and billing zip code.
If these are similar to the ones we received in the past, there is a very tight expiration window on them (unlike the AC ones).

Unless you are using them right away, we find our best use- immediately add them as a 'payment method' to Starbucks app- no expiration and more flexible to use going forward. It seems to convert to a new Starbucks card in the app,

There may be other vendor options you can use like Tim's or Amazon; but haven't tried any of those. But please report back if you find something less bougie works.
Old May 2, 2024, 9:23 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canolakid
If these are similar to the ones we received in the past, there is a very tight expiration window on them (unlike the AC ones).
Yup, they were issued yesterday, with "use by" tomorrow. I assume that means they're still good tomorrow rather than they have to be used today, but who knows.

Unless you are using them right away, we find our best use- immediately add them as a 'payment method' to Starbucks app- no expiration and more flexible to use going forward. It seems to convert to a new Starbucks card in the app,
Interesting idea, thanks.

There may be other vendor options you can use like Tim's or Amazon; but haven't tried any of those. But please report back if you find something less bougie works.
I got $60 worth, so it's worth me spending a few minutes on this today to try to figure something out. Then again, it's only $60, so not worth spending all day on it
canolakid likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

I got $60 worth, so it's worth me spending a few minutes on this today to try to figure something out. Then again, it's only $60, so not worth spending all day on it
what did you end up doing?
Old May 16, 2024, 8:22 am

The vouchers are actually a type of prepaid Mastercard - look on the bottom of the email for the card number, expiry, CVV code and billing (US) zip code. I was able to use mine to add credit to my starbucks card using the starbucks app. In the app, just add a new credit card with the card number/expiry/cvv from the voucher, but for the billing address, change the country to USA and use billing zip code from voucher. As long as you add it to starbucks before the voucher expires, the credit will stay on your starbucks app with no expiry date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.