Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR WS Connection Time

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

YVR WS Connection Time

We are connecting from LGW to YYJ on WS in Premium in late August. Flight from LGW scheduled to arrive in YVR at 1315 and we have an 1 hour and 25 min connection time to catch flight to YYJ.

I believe we will have to re-clear security after going through customs. We have Nexus so that should get us into priority security lanes.

I have not been through YVR lately. Any comments as to whether this connection time is doable given current conditions?

I am debating asking WS to change us to later YYJ flight which will result in layover of about 4 hours.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:56 pm

You don't have to re-clear security in YVR. Follow the signs for "Canada Connections" in the arrivals hall after customs, and proceed directly to your next gate.

It's a tight(er) connection by the standards set forth in the last few months, but YVR is also a lot quicker to transit in than the horror stories coming out of YYZ/YUL. If your flight arrives on time, you will have no trouble making your connection with Nexus.

Whether you wish to pay +/- fare difference (and potentially change fees depending on when you booked) for re-accommodation onto a later flight, which they would do anyways if you ended up mis-connecting, is up to you.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Thx. I assumed I needed to collect my luggage to go through customs and thus would need to clear security again?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by jashah
Thx. I assumed I needed to collect my luggage to go through customs and thus would need to clear security again?
Unless the process has changed in YVR, you just have to do a video identification of your bag that US customs displays on the screen as it travels on the transfer belt.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by jashah
No, most major airports do not require this to expedite connections, but you'll have to confirm this at bag drop.

Originally Posted by aerobod
Unless the process has changed in YVR, you just have to do a video identification of your bag that US customs displays on the screen as it travels on the transfer belt.
OP is connection from non-US intl to Canada. I don't think the CBSA is that advanced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.