Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 737-700 "premium" seat

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Best 737-700 "premium" seat

Row 4, bulkhead or Row 11 exit row?

(I went row 11 YYC-LAX)
Old May 16, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I prefer the exit row because I can slide my briefcase under the seat ahead of me and then it's more easily accessible in flight. Can't do that in the bulkhead.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
I know what you're getting at when you call these "premium" seats ... but ... just so other readers aren't confused:

"Premium" is the name of WestJet's North American style business class ... which they sometimes also refer to as premium economy. That's the 2x2 seating, in the first three rows, in a separate cabin, at the front of all of their 737 aircraft.

The OP is referring to the preferred seating in the Economy cabin, not seats in the Premium cabin. You get economy seats - either standard or preferred - when you buy a fare from the Econo fare family. If you buy a Premium fare family, you get a seat in the Premium cabin and the Premium service offering.

WestJet deems the first few rows (and the exit rows) of Economy as being preferred seats ... only because they are at the front of the cabin (except for exit rows, of course) and/or - depending on the row and the aircraft - a preferred economy seat might have a bit of extra legroom.
Symmetre, cedric and tcook052 like this.

Last edited by FlyerJ; May 16, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Old May 16, 2022, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Symmetre
I prefer the exit row because I can slide my briefcase under the seat ahead of me and then it's more easily accessible in flight. Can't do that in the bulkhead.
WestJet doesn't have an actual bulkhead at Row 4, so there is some underseat storage under the last row of PY.
cirrusdragoon and Fisch like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Denguin
WestJet doesn't have an actual bulkhead at Row 4, so there is some underseat storage under the last row of PY.
True for ABEF. Storage in front of C and D is obstructed by the legs of the PY seats, at least on the 738, I assume also on the 737.
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Sopwith
True for ABEF. Storage in front of C and D is obstructed by the legs of the PY seats, at least on the 738, I assume also on the 737.
Yes it’s the same configuration on the 700 as well as the 800. Also, occupants of C and D would have to contend with the cabin crew passing through the curtain at times during the flight so it might be annoying to those seat occupants. Also Row 4 has armrest table trays and are not moveable so there’s a bit of seat width lost.
Fisch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.