FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Premium Economy Dreamliner seat map (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/2069150-premium-economy-dreamliner-seat-map.html)

pastorash Feb 17, 2022 12:18 pm

Premium Economy Dreamliner seat map

I'm curious if anyone knows what happens behind the curtain immediately behind the last row of Premium Economy. I have seats there on an overnight transatlantic flight and wondering how much "bathroom lineup" happens there. In 2019 we sat in the front row of the second section of Economy and we had people congregating around us for the bathroom all night.

arf04 Feb 17, 2022 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by pastorash (Post 34000722)
I'm curious if anyone knows what happens behind the curtain immediately behind the last row of Premium Economy. I have seats there on an overnight transatlantic flight and wondering how much "bathroom lineup" happens there. In 2019 we sat in the front row of the second section of Economy and we had people congregating around us for the bathroom all night.

There is a hard wall and galley behind the last row of PE, plus a curtain for the aisle. I don’t recall if they let economy use the bathrooms between the two sections, but I think not. The last time I used one of those bathrooms I was in business and walked back and the galley and bathroom area was deserted.

I have been in the first row of the section of economy you refer to and had the same experience you did with people lining up for the bathroom. It wasn’t great. Both business and PE on Westjet’s 787 are very private cabins, which is one reason I choose WS for my London flights.

YYCguy Feb 17, 2022 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by arf04 (Post 34000832)
There is a hard wall and galley behind the last row of PE, plus a curtain for the aisle. I don’t recall if they let economy use the bathrooms between the two sections, but I think not. The last time I used one of those bathrooms I was in business and walked back and the galley and bathroom area was deserted.

I have been in the first row of the section of economy you refer to and had the same experience you did with people lining up for the bathroom. It wasn’t great. Both business and PE on Westjet’s 787 are very private cabins, which is one reason I choose WS for my London flights.

The only time economy guests are allowed to use the Dreamliner PE washrooms are when the aisles are blocked by service carts when there’s no way for the server to allow the guest to pass by to an economy washroom. It’s not frequent and certainly no “line up”. The only noise might be from cabin crew in the galley serving meals and setting up/putting away service equipment for your meal services.

arf04 Feb 18, 2022 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by YYCguy (Post 34001066)
The only time economy guests are allowed to use the Dreamliner PE washrooms are when the aisles are blocked by service carts when there’s no way for the server to allow the guest to pass by to an economy washroom. It’s not frequent and certainly no “line up”. The only noise might be from cabin crew in the galley serving meals and setting up/putting away service equipment for your meal services.

That’s what I thought. Westjet’s PE is much better than AC’s for that reason alone, though to me it’s better in all ways. The steady toilet traffic on AC’s PE really make it a turnoff to me!