Wiki Posts
Search

Eligible Spend policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WestJet
Eligible Spend policy

For 2021 I was $84 of eligible spend short of Platinum status. I believe i should've achieved platinum but i don't see the eligible spend showing up on my account.

There are a couple things i'm wondering if anybody can provide me answers on or point me to the official policy where this is spelled out:
  1. If you have paid for a flight, but don't take the flight or miss it, what is the actual policy on eligible spend?
    1. I can't find anywhere that it says you aren't entitled to rewards or eligible spend if you don't actually take the flight. I still spent the money...
      1. I missed a flight in November, and a flight in December, but wasn't credited any of the eligible spend Do i have any argument here?
  2. I flew on an itinerary with flights Dec. 25th, 2021 and Jan 3rd, 2022 but the eligible spend was only registered after the January leg. Can i argue half should apply to 2021? It would give me Platinum
Any insight or help anybody can give me would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:53 pm

Airlines count spend as the date you flew.
Not the date you entered your credit card number.
Helps prevent all sorts of status fraud opportunities.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
As @tracon mentioned, the flight December 25th if flown will count towards your 2021 status even though it doesn't post until January.
The flight on January 3rd will post eventually for your 2022 status. The system may take a while to update your status though.

Where the system failed for me is I had a weekend flight that crossed me over to Platinum, and returned home two days later. Both flights posted the same date and the system didn't credit me with the extra $8 WJD for the return flight and just gave me the WJD as a gold for the return flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.