Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WJ top tier private facebook forum put on pause

Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond

Honestly it doesn't surprise me, since many of the recent topics and posts were nothing more than a *****fest about WJ problems, I had to wonder whether many of the more vocal participants were really the type of top tier flyers that Westjet wanted to cater to. But on the other hand, ignoring them denies the post-covid elephant in the room of loyal flyers getting frustrated and taking their business elsewhere. Not a good thing...

Nevertheless, what really strikes me as odd is the perception that the few of us loyal flyers who participated on the forum did not reflect the "majority of Platinum members' interests" which begs the question whether they regard this forum on flyertalk with similar disinterest? Quite frankly I don't think they could have had a better focus group of 780 members to try new ideas with, and to hear constructive criticism outside of the "directed" replies they typically seek on their online surveys. Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio got too poor with the recent challenges post-pandemic. Or perhaps their loyalty program is bottom rung in terms of resources and priority to get back to business of flying people? Honestly, how much did it really cost them to extend our companion vouchers an extra 6 months, and would they have done so without a vocal few on that forum asking for an extension??? I think I'll go to my local Sobeys and get some cheese to go with some wine...and reminisce of better times...

One promise they did make is that they were going to direct more resources to the platinum support line, which hopefully they follow through. But without the facebook group, I doubt automated methods and surveys will get the same amount of attention. Perhaps that is what they want?

For those in that facebook forum that have made their way to this corner of the internet....welcome!

Last edited by Arthurrs; Dec 29, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Arthurrs
Honestly it doesn't surprise me, since many of the recent topics and posts were nothing more than a *****fest about WJ problems, I had to wonder whether many of the more vocal participants were really the type of top tier flyers that Westjet wanted to cater to. But on the other hand, ignoring them denies the post-covid elephant in the room of loyal flyers getting frustrated and taking their business elsewhere. Not a good thing...

Nevertheless, what really strikes me as odd is the perception that the few of us loyal flyers who participated on the forum did not reflect the "majority of Platinum members' interests" which begs the question whether they regard this forum on flyertalk with similar disinterest? Quite frankly I don't think they could have had a better focus group of 780 members to try new ideas with, and to hear constructive criticism outside of the "directed" replies they typically seek on their online surveys. Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio got too poor with the recent challenges post-pandemic. Or perhaps their loyalty program is bottom rung in terms of resources and priority to get back to business of flying people? Honestly, how much did it really cost them to extend our companion vouchers an extra 6 months, and would they have done so without a vocal few on that forum asking for an extension??? I think I'll go to my local Sobeys and get some cheese to go with some wine...and reminisce of better times...

One promise they did make is that they were going to direct more resources to the platinum support line, which hopefully they follow through. But without the facebook group, I doubt automated methods and surveys will get the same amount of attention. Perhaps that is what they want?

For those in that facebook forum that have made their way to this corner of the internet....welcome!
See? it's not just the inexperienced FOSTG travellers who are increasingly complaining to Air Passenger Rights about Westjet flight disruptions, as some in this forum have claimed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.