Wiki Posts
Search

Travelbank on Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Travelbank on Delta?

So we have some money in the travelbank after cancelling a flight last summer to YYC due to zero rental cars available. Considering some options, and since we are considering heading to DFW in March, I was wondering if I could use the travelbank there? When I go to Westjet site, I can enter DTW as a departure airport, but DFW does not come up as an arrival location.

I'm guessing the travel bank needs to be on WJ metal only, but wondered if I missed anything.

(Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, a search didn't really bring anything up.)
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bluefan75
So we have some money in the travelbank after cancelling a flight last summer to YYC due to zero rental cars available. Considering some options, and since we are considering heading to DFW in March, I was wondering if I could use the travelbank there? When I go to Westjet site, I can enter DTW as a departure airport, but DFW does not come up as an arrival location.

I'm guessing the travel bank needs to be on WJ metal only, but wondered if I missed anything.

(Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, a search didn't really bring anything up.)
WestJet can only sell Delta flights that have one end of the trip in Canada, so DTW to DFW is not allowed as a WestJet marketed codeshare. You should be able to use Travelbank for any Delta codeshare with WestJet that is purchased on Westjet.com.
Adam Smith and Symmetre like this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by aerobod
WestJet can only sell Delta flights that have one end of the trip in Canada, so DTW to DFW is not allowed as a WestJet marketed codeshare. You should be able to use Travelbank for any Delta codeshare with WestJet that is purchased on Westjet.com.
Thank you. I appreciate the information.
aerobod likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by aerobod
You should be able to use Travelbank for any Delta codeshare with WestJet that is purchased on Westjet.com.
I can confirm this is absolutely correct, as I've done it twice in the past couple of weeks to book transborder trips through WS with all legs on DL.
aerobod likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.