Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Meals on Westjet flights in J, W, and Y cabins

Meals on Westjet flights in J, W, and Y cabins

Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:22 am

I posted a TR in the trip reports forum which includes the current WS J service offering....

Ws j -> y4 y -> food -> lh f
deskcaptain and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
I posted a TR in the trip reports forum which includes the current WS J service offering....

Ws j -> y4 y -> food -> lh f
My experience in Business from Calgary to Toronto last week was almost identical, down to the wine selection not matching the menu (except for the sparkling wine, which was Benjamin Bridge).

Domestic Business Menu

Domestic Business Breakfast
Sealink, YYCCL3, Da_Master and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:55 am

Flew YXU-YYC in Premium yesterday and noted that, like in Business last week, the online menu is out of date compared to what is served onboard.
It's also interesting that the onboard menu has stopped listing the wines, although they matched what is listed online - the same as the old menu.

Premium Domestic Menu

Premium Domestic Lunch
Sealink and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Anyone with information on meals and bevys YYZ to MCO late morning
MCO to YYZ early afternoon in premium ?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Anyone with information on meals and bevys YYZ to MCO late morning
MCO to YYZ early afternoon in premium ?
It should be very similar to the recent Premium posts above, as they're all North American 737 flights.
FWIW, the WestJet Menu pages have finally been updated to what was served in the posts above.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by V1213
It should be very similar to the recent Premium posts above, as they're all North American 737 flights.
FWIW, the WestJet Menu pages have finally been updated to what was served in the posts above.
Now the economy North American menu online is out of date because there is a pause on sale of the heated meals. It was pulled not long after being launched! I do hope better quality items replace them!
Old Feb 27, 2022, 5:44 pm

Cancun to Edmonton 26 February 2022 - Premium cabin offered either BBQ Chicken or Cavatappi Pasta (identical menu to the one posted above).
cirrusdragoon and V1213 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 5:45 pm

Interestingly the announcement stated that there was NO catering at all in the Economy cabin - crazy for a flight lasting over 6 hours!
V1213 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brksmith
Interestingly the announcement stated that there was NO catering at all in the Economy cabin - crazy for a flight lasting over 6 hours!
No FRESH food. People who travelled before the pandemic remember the cheese trays and sandwiches and Mac n cheese and butter chicken that was for sale but the caterers are not fully staffed due to the pandemic and cant offer that service to westjet at the moment. Im hoping something will be forthcoming in the near future.
V1213 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:44 pm

Westjet 2207 Cancun to Edmonton 26 February 2022. Premium Cabin. BBQ Chicken
Sealink and Da_Master like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brksmith

Westjet 2207 Cancun to Edmonton 26 February 2022. Premium Cabin. BBQ Chicken
Same on YYC-ATL in Premium this week.

Either the chicken (drenched in sugar sauce) or a pasta.

The salad and dessert seem to be stuck on constant repeat no variation ever.
Sealink likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:04 am

Flew YYZ-YQR recently, and was surprised and disappointed to be served a glorified snack box instead of a meal on the 3 hour flight.
Especially after getting a full meal on a recent YQR-YYZ flight with AC, this snack box really didn't cut the mustard for a flight of this length.
Interestingly, a relative recently flew YYZ-YQR in Premium and was served this new Economy menu for free, rather than the published Premium menu. I don't know if the Economy menu in Premium is due to the late hour of the current YYZ-YQR flights (22:25 from YYZ), or if it's a YQR thing, but at least the new offering is better than the glorified snack boxes served in Premium before.
Flew YYZ-YQR in Premium last night and was relieved that the full Premium catering is now being served, including the snack box in the second half of the flight.
The menu was the one listed online, which has been going since at least February - WestJet really needs to work on providing some variety in their onboard catering.
Old May 9, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: skyteam
Flew YYZ-YQR in Premium last night and was relieved that the full Premium catering is now being served, including the snack box in the second half of the flightThe menu was the one listed online, which has been going since at least February - WestJet really needs to work on providing some variety in their onboard catering.
I think the cabin attendant made a mistake, as that flight should only have had the meal service and not a second snack box before landing. A flight such as YYZ-YVR gets the two services of meal and snack box. lucky you they accidentally served those snack boxes 😂

Last edited by cirrusdragoon; May 10, 2022 at 12:14 am
Old May 22, 2022, 12:36 pm

It looks like hot meals are back for purchase in Economy, with an update to the menu on the website.

I note that there is no longer a warning about limited catering (so I assume it's available on all flights over 90 minutes now?), although the online menu does say:
Hot food entrees will not be offered on our WestJet Encore or Link flights (Dash 8 and Saab 340 aircraft) and select sun destinations.
Also, the website now reflects that Economy passengers will be provided with complimentary food and beverages on all flights to Europe (including 737s) - does anyone know if this is what is otherwise on the buy onboard menu, or something else?
Old May 22, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: skyteam
It looks like hot meals are back for purchase in Economy, with an update to the menu on the website.

I note that there is no longer a warning about limited catering (so I assume it's available on all flights over 90 minutes now?), although the online menu does say:

Also, the website now reflects that Economy passengers will be provided with complimentary food and beverages on all flights to Europe (including 737s) - does anyone know if this is what is otherwise on the buy onboard menu, or something else?
It is something else, not buy on board materials.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.