WestJet Network Updates

Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
Originally Posted by hollywoodcory17
YYC-YLL has been dropped effective April 14.
I guess the City didn't have any luck over the last week or two convincing WestJet to keep this route: City of Lloydminster seeks talks with WestJet over flight cessation.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by V1213
I guess the City didn't have any luck over the last week or two convincing WestJet to keep this route: City of Lloydminster seeks talks with WestJet over flight cessation.
I guess the City didn't offer Westjet enough cash to stay.

Ron.
tecate55 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:22 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
They can always wave some cash at Porter to start YYZ-YLL.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:24 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Originally Posted by aerobod
Not so much with South Korea, as internal flights arenít much of a thing, with the whole country being only one-sixth the area of Alberta. The population of the catchment area for ICN is effectively larger than the population of Canada.
Internal Korean flights or the lack thereof isn't the issue. The point is about onward travel to/from elsewhere in Asia.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingChris
Internal Korean flights or the lack thereof isn't the issue. The point is about onward travel to/from elsewhere in Asia.
I donít think it is a flight designed for onward travel. In a hybrid airline, all flights and destinations donít have to connect. I expect the Alberta government is putting up some money to stimulate visitors from South Korea.

WS has 3 types of routes when looking at the whole WS/WG and reabsorbed WO routes:
- Point-to-point leisure routes with generally seasonal schedules
- One-stop strategically hubbed routes when no other airline flys direct
- Traditional hubbed routes matching and/or competing with legacy carriers

I think the YYC-ICN route falls into either the first or second category (with YYC as the hub), so ICN doesnít matter from a connectivity perspective if that is the case.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by WR Cage
Your Christmas wish came true, WS starting YYC-ICN in May 2024 with 3x/per week.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/best-of-travel/asia/seoul

Tickets now for sale.
Only for travel originating in North America?
I can't buy a ticket originating in ICN.

Prices aren't exactly attractive In the premium cabins.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:18 am

anyone have an idea when the 2024 winter schedule will be released? Can't seem to see anything beyond Dec 10 for sun destinations.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by sxc234
anyone have an idea when the 2024 winter schedule will be released? Can't seem to see anything beyond Dec 10 for sun destinations.
The schedule is loaded until April 2025, but they only sell about 330ish days out.

And they havenít even released a finalized Summer 2024 schedule yet, I wouldnít expect a winter one until late July/early August.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:18 am

The schedule is loaded until April 2025, but they only sell about 330ish days out.

And they havenít even released a finalized Summer 2024 schedule yet, I wouldnít expect a winter one until late July/early August.
that really sucks, i have an expiring companion voucher i was hoping to pre-book for the winter. finding less and less use for that voucher. thanks.
canolakid likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Some confirmation of summer seasonal long haul extension from Aeroroutes: WestJet 4Q24 Long-Haul Operation Extensions – 31JAN24.

I assume this is coming at the expense of sun destination 787 flights in November?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:15 am

Any thoughts on if or when WS will sell tickets originating from ICN?
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:41 pm

Some confirmation of summer seasonal long haul extension from Aeroroutes: WestJet 4Q24 Long-Haul Operation Extensions Ė 31JAN24.

I assume this is coming at the expense of sun destination 787 flights in November?
At the moment there is no 787 flying planned on any Hawaii routes next winter. It still shows currently on YYC/YYZ-CUN and YYC-PVR. I suspect NRT will end up being extended right through the winter.
V1213 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:18 pm

At the moment there is no 787 flying planned on any Hawaii routes next winter. It still shows currently on YYC/YYZ-CUN and YYC-PVR. I suspect NRT will end up being extended right through the winter.
Thatís too bad. The Dreamliner service between YYC and Hawaii has been extremely popular, comfort wise, albeit with a terrible OTP record. I would be sad to see it be converted back to a narrow body service.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:27 am
Original Poster

I'm seeing schedule changes throughout the Summer - I assume the Summer schedule has now been loaded and may launch this week?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:16 am

I see changes were made in May (April 28-June 1) but otherwise itís still mostly the same.

Some domestic routes are resuming a month earlier like YYC-YYG/YQT and YEG-YQM/YYT.

YYC-LIR departs at 02:10? Not sure Iíve seen a YYC pax flight scheduled to depart that late.

As anticipated the 787 was removed from YYC-YYZ turns.
arf04 and V1213 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.