Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation Of Flight Credit Booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Cancellation Of Flight Credit Booking

We have a flight credit for a cancelled booking which has to be used before February. Not planning any trips for a while longer... Can we book a flight and then cancel it? Wondering if this will give us extra time? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
As per WestJet's Travel Bank credits and refunds page, you may be able to book another flight, and then cancel - it says they'll be valid from the cancellation date.

It also says that you can book for travel after the expiry date, so it may be worth speculatively booking for a future date later in 2022. The current T&Cs will allow you to make a free change or cancellation down the track anyway.
Do Travel Bank credits expire? If so, can I get an extension?
Travel Bank credits from changed or cancelled flights can be used to pay for flights up to 24 months from the date your flight was cancelled. Travel can occur after the expiry date.
The email you received when your Travel Bank credit was created, will include the expiry date for your credit.

Last edited by V1213; Aug 6, 2021 at 8:23 am Reason: Formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.