How reliable is WS YVR-YOW schedule?

Old Apr 19, 21, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
How reliable is WS YVR-YOW schedule?

How reliable is WS' schedule? I see some flights for this summer, but I don't know if they're placeholders. Ideally I would fly direct, but it's not the end of the world if I have to connect.
Old Apr 19, 21, 1:26 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
How reliable is WS' schedule? I see some flights for this summer, but I don't know if they're placeholders. Ideally I would fly direct, but it's not the end of the world if I have to connect.
Every summer schedule is a placeholder these days. Even a few weeks out, there's plenty of uncertainty.

WS will probably cancel its YVR-YOW flight before AC does, so if you want a higher probability of flying direct, better to book with AC.

If you prefer to fly WS, book with them and just know there's a decent chance you get re-routed through YYC or YYZ.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 19, 21, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Every summer schedule is a placeholder these days. Even a few weeks out, there's plenty of uncertainty.

WS will probably cancel its YVR-YOW flight before AC does, so if you want a higher probability of flying direct, better to book with AC.

If you prefer to fly WS, book with them and just know there's a decent chance you get re-routed through YYC or YYZ.
I don't know how to quickly check. Is WS even flying to YOW from Western Canada right now?

I guess you're right that the probability will be the highest with AC.
Old Apr 19, 21, 1:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
I don't know how to quickly check. Is WS even flying to YOW from Western Canada right now?

You could go on the WS website, or use Google Flights (filter for non-stop flights).

Neither WS nor AC is flying YVR-YOW at the moment. WS is scheduled to resume a month from now, something like 4x weekly. They have the route to themselves for a few weeks before AC starts up. WS then ramps up to 2x daily before AC, but AC eventually goes to 3x daily.

Flair also starts 4x weekly on June 2, 5x from August to October.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 19, 21, 7:04 pm

WS currently flies YOW-YYC 3x weekly and scheduled to increase to 5x weekly in May. YOW-YVR is scheduled to resume from May 16th at the moment.

WS regularly posts its updated schedules here: (currently updated to June 4). If they follow the same patterns the June 5-July 4 update should come May 9th.
https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/flights/domestic-schedule

Search this Thread
Search Engine: