Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

RBC WestJet MasterCard companion fare renewal offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat

New offer for renewing the MasterCard from February 1 to May 31.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...20210224_15913
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by beastmaster
New offer for renewing the MasterCard from February 1 to May 31.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...20210224_15913
They're also giving this for new card applications.

Ron.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:25 pm

Business fares aren't eligible?

If you became a first-time cardholder between February 24 – May 31, 2021 your first companion voucher will be $0 CAD (plus taxes, fees and other ATC charges) for travel on an Economy fare within Canada, to the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Voucher Rules changed ?

Originally Posted by tracon
Business fares aren't eligible?

If you became a first-time cardholder between February 24 – May 31, 2021 your first companion voucher will be $0 CAD (plus taxes, fees and other ATC charges) for travel on an Economy fare within Canada, to the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean

Last year I was able to use my companion voucher for premium cabin tickets flying YYZ-MBJ and back. Looks like the rules have changed. Good thing I have lots of points on AC to burn !
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:12 am

I booked an itinerary on Jan.8/22 using the companion voucher for a Premium fare.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flying chef
Last year I was able to use my companion voucher for premium cabin tickets flying YYZ-MBJ and back. Looks like the rules have changed. Good thing I have lots of points on AC to burn !
This was related to a temporary promo for new cardholders. The vouchers were good only in Y, but came with $0 base fare.

I just got my voucher from my January 2022 card renewal, and it allows Premium.

The T&C on the WS site also still state the voucher is good for Premium. Although the base fare is now up to $199 - it was $119 not long ago, and $99 not long before that, and maybe $0 a few years ago. And has it always required a round trip? I know it has always needed to originate in Canada, but thought it was usable for a one-way. Either way, the constant increases in co-pay are certainly devaluing it.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The T&C on the WS site also still state the voucher is good for Premium. Although the base fare is now up to $199 - it was $119 not long ago, and $99 not long before that, and maybe $0 a few years ago. And has it always required a round trip? I know it has always needed to originate in Canada, but thought it was usable for a one-way. Either way, the constant increases in co-pay are certainly devaluing it.
It is still $119, allows for Premium, and can be used one way for the World Elite version of the card.
I'm not sure how long there has been a difference between the vouchers of the two card types.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:04 am

Just got the following offer by e-mail.
A decent offer. To bad I don't have any need for WS trips over the next year.

In the companion voucher fine print:

... get the WestJet RBC® World Elite Mastercard before March 7, 2022 pay only the taxes, fees and charges for the companion on your first round-trip companion voucher.3 Purchase one round trip Economy fare within Canada or to/from the U.S. or Mexico and get the second for $0 plus taxes....
Or you can apply your companion voucher towards a Premium fare or to anywhere else WestJet currently flies and pay the regular companion voucher fare starting at $119 CAD.

Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
I tried again on the WestJet site and the voucher only allows for Economy fares. Decided to cash in some Aeroplan points and fly AC in Premium Economy. I was able to upgrade to Business for one of the flights. No more use for the RBC card. It was good while it lasted.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
The “special voucher” the additional one given has to be used by March 18/22. Economy ticket base fare 0 Canada USA Mexico or Caribbean. “Other fares or destinations” (I assume that means premium economy or business) is $119 or $399…… we used that for a premium economy yesterday to Orlando. Cost $119 plus taxes for the second ticket

The regular voucher I get every year the world elite companion voucher is unchanged, economy or premium $99 CAN. Canada USA $299 Sun destinations $399 anywhere else …

still a lot of value IMHO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.