YYZ-YLW direct flights pre-COVID?

Old Aug 25, 20, 7:33 am
Original Poster

YYZ-YLW direct flights pre-COVID?

Did this direct route exist pre-COVID on the WestJet schedule? I realize YLW was Swoop'd, however I don't see a YHM-YLW option on Swoop's schedule either.

I have friends in YLW and would like to visit them. I have a preference of taking direct flights instead of having to connect.

It looks like those other guys with the red leaf have a direct flight, so that's the second option.
Old Aug 25, 20, 2:09 pm

Programs: Former AC*E, WorldPerks, Air Miles
WS won't have direct flights from the eastern hub (YYZ) to points in the west, they will route through their western hubs (YYC, YVR) instead. You will not see a direct flight.
Old Aug 25, 20, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by mxqisit View Post
Did this direct route exist pre-COVID on the WestJet schedule? I realize YLW was Swoop'd, however I don't see a YHM-YLW option on Swoop's schedule either.

I have friends in YLW and would like to visit them. I have a preference of taking direct flights instead of having to connect.

It looks like those other guys with the red leaf have a direct flight, so that's the second option.
This route did exist pre-COVID. I believe it was mostly a summer seasonal route. Might be back for S21
mxqisit likes this.
Old Aug 25, 20, 11:16 pm
Original Member

I'd hang on a couple of days to decide
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:40 am

Programs: Former AC*E, WorldPerks, Air Miles
Originally Posted by deskcaptain View Post
This route did exist pre-COVID. I believe it was mostly a summer seasonal route. Might be back for S21
Operative word being pre-COVID! Too soon to know what will happen in S21.
Old Aug 26, 20, 9:37 pm

This must be what Fisch is talking about.

I don't think the headline in the link is correct though.

As part of its continued recovery plans, Swoop is announcing the start of operations at Toronto Pearson Airport beginning on Oct. 25, 2020. As Canada’s leading ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC), Swoop is well-positioned to serve price-sensitive travellers while stimulating demand in Canada’s largest market.

Swoop’s service at Toronto Pearson Airport will include a mix of domestic and international routes. The winter schedule outlining the destinations and routes will be released in September.
Old Sep 3, 20, 2:05 pm

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-02sep20/

Effective Oct. 25
Toronto – Kelowna 4 weekly
Old Sep 4, 20, 12:58 am

If you can't get to California due to COVID, Kelownafornia is the next best substitute

YYCguy and cedric like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: