The end of WS 767's?

Old Sep 16, 20, 3:18 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
What was the purpose of flying to Florida just to immediately fly to Israel?

Florida doesn't seem like an obvious location for aircraft storage.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:51 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
Originally Posted by Error 601 View Post
What was the purpose of flying to Florida just to immediately fly to Israel?

Florida doesn't seem like an obvious location for aircraft storage.
I suspect that all the "good" parking spots in AZ are full with aircraft sitting around waiting for something to do. This is likely overflow parking.
aerobod likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 11:16 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I was wondering if the plane had to touch US soil before it could be imported and registered in the US.
Old Sep 16, 20, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander View Post
I suspect that all the "good" parking spots in AZ are full with aircraft sitting around waiting for something to do. This is likely overflow parking.
Yes, I would expect it is cheap storage available on the east coast of the US before the aircraft are ferried to Israel for freighter conversion. It is also interesting that the WestJet 767s are the first aircraft Amazon has actually purchased as opposed to leased or out-sourced. They currently have 5 registrations assigned, so I’m sure the next “Prime” (literally) number registration assigned to C-FOGT in the next few days will be N569AZ. Here is some interesting background info for aircraft nerds https://paxex.aero/2020/09/amazons-f...ow-registered/
Old Sep 17, 20, 1:53 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Yes, I would expect it is cheap storage available on the east coast of the US before the aircraft are ferried to Israel for freighter conversion. It is also interesting that the WestJet 767s are the first aircraft Amazon has actually purchased as opposed to leased or out-sourced. They currently have 5 registrations assigned, so Iím sure the next ďPrimeĒ (literally) number registration assigned to C-FOGT in the next few days will be N569AZ. Here is some interesting background info for aircraft nerds https://paxex.aero/2020/09/amazons-f...ow-registered/
OK, the fact that they use prime number for registration, just completely made my day.
Old Sep 18, 20, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Frequentlander View Post
OK, the fact that they use prime number for registration, just completely made my day.
I thought Iíd check how many aircraft they could register with the same format using NxxxAZ, where xxx is a prime number. As you canít have leading zeros in xxx as defined by the FAA, there are 143 prime numbers between 100 and 999, assuming they can use them all if they havenít already been issued to other aircraft.
Heffeh41 and Fiordland like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: