Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet RBC Mastercard (First Checked Bag Free)

Westjet RBC Mastercard (First Checked Bag Free)

Old Jul 8, 2023, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
You can product switch this card online.

If you're YYC based, they just gave all cardholders priority lane access. Sigh.
any documentation of this? Still in effect? World Elite Westjet cardholders get priority lane access at YYC?
Old Jul 9, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by sammydavis
any documentation of this? Still in effect? World Elite Westjet cardholders get priority lane access at YYC?
They were there when I travelled through YYC in early June. I don't think there's "official" documentation anywhere, but there's a bunch of press releases about it if you look it up.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Yes, it's still there.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Yes, it's still there.
early boarding included?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:41 pm

early boarding included?
Was this ever promoted as a perk? I've never seen anything mentioned about holding a WestJet WE card giving you early boarding.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 9:49 am

I thought as part of the new YYC RBC priority lane access. Hopefully
Old Aug 21, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
The RBC priority lane is still up at YYC as of a couple weeks ago. Its at the C gates security are, between the regular and verified traveller lines.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:24 pm
TCJ

I used the free wifi perk that I very rarely see mentioned anywhere on the card the last time I flew WestJet... We get 7 free wifi passes on WestJet flights. Worked decently well though took a while to set up. Flying to Dublin on WestJet next month and will report back on if it will let me use it for transatlantic flights!
Old Aug 23, 2023, 3:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by TCJ
I used the free wifi perk that I very rarely see mentioned anywhere on the card the last time I flew WestJet... We get 7 free wifi passes on WestJet flights. Worked decently well though took a while to set up. Flying to Dublin on WestJet next month and will report back on if it will let me use it for transatlantic flights!
Is this through Boingo?

I recently used it on WS001/002 on YYC-LGW and back, and it worked well on the outbound but was unusable on the return. The Boingo passes only lasted 90 minutes but that was fine for my purposes.
Old May 2, 2024, 10:30 am

Does the free checked bag still apply if we book the flight first, then apply for the card closer to the flight date?
Old May 2, 2024, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by cyog
Does the free checked bag still apply if we book the flight first, then apply for the card closer to the flight date?
Yes.

Make sure your WestJet rewards # is associated with your flight booking (assuming you already have a WestJet ID) and that the same # is associated with your card application. I'd make sure you leave a few weeks for the card application in advance of the flight so the information has time to percolate through the system and you have the card on-hand well before the flight. It should be automatic but you may need to show the card at the airport checkin to get free bag.
cyog likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 11:31 pm

My DP is that it took 3 business days for a new card to show up in my WS account and grant the free checked bag perk, though this via a product switch and not a new application.
Old May 3, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I have had success simply by flashing the card at the counter for free checked bags. This applies even when I didn't have the card at the time the flight was booked, or after the card was cancelled. Now that I think about it, I don't ever remember being denied...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.