Sad State of Affairs

Old Apr 6, 20, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Sad State of Affairs

I was on the WS website this evening ... it's been a very long time since it looked like this. It just seems ... wrong.
Old Apr 6, 20, 8:59 pm

Programs: WS Plat., AS Gold, Winner "Misanthropes to Watch" (1984)
Originally Posted by Symmetre View Post
I was on the WS website this evening ... it's been a very long time since it looked like this. It just seems ... wrong.
And I'm running a positive balance on my credit card with hotel and rental car refunds.
Old Apr 6, 20, 9:38 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I still have a pair of bookings for YVR-SNA but I would be very surprised if that route survives this.

I'm supposed to be in France right now, attending a wedding in Colorado the weekend of the 18th and in Montreal for work the week after that. Then Italy and the UK in June and Alaska in July.

I doubt any of that is going to happen.
Old Apr 6, 20, 11:37 pm
Original Member

As a 17-year Cabin Crew Member with WestJet, this post warms my heart. We will all get through this eventually, and together. Knowing that our Guests are missing us as much as we miss them truly warms my heart.

For now, stay safe and stay home. When we get through this please know that we will be so eager to serve you. Our Guests are what drive us. We will be back and we can't wait to welcome you onboard wherever you want to go.

Fisch
aerobod, NoahVail, cedric and 11 others like this.
Old Apr 7, 20, 1:15 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Living in Airdrie it almost feels like a WestJet company town, the WS YYC parking hang tags are everywhere in my neighborhood which is 20 minutes from YYC on a bad day. Often encountering friendly people at Wal-Mart or Cross Iron or wherever I eventually recall that I have encountered them in my travels with WestJet and I feel terrible for what all of them are going through, WestJet is a company I have genuine affection for.

Air travel has always been a big part of my life and even when it was for work it was something I always looked forward to in a way I don't really look forward to anything else. It seemed impossible to me as a child as my grandfather pointed out to me on a globe that I had travelled 1100 miles in about three hours on the earliest flight I consciously remember and that still feels a bit like magic to me. I just hope we're all looking at this in the rear-view mirror in a year's time.
Symmetre, aerobod and YYCguy like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: