Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet Suspending all TB and INTL (commercial) flying

Westjet Suspending all TB and INTL (commercial) flying

Old Aug 23, 21, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by YYCguy View Post
Iím surprised to see SFO go to year round! While I love going there in the summer, itís not a place I would necessarily enjoy in the wintertime. Rainy, windy. Maybe itís for connections rather than vacations?
Business travel is where the money is, and a route needs to be consistent and year round to earn business traffic. Leisure pax will fly seasonal routes, but are lower margin.
Old Aug 23, 21, 2:02 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by YYCguy View Post
Iím surprised to see SFO go to year round! While I love going there in the summer, itís not a place I would necessarily enjoy in the wintertime. Rainy, windy. Maybe itís for connections rather than vacations?
There is some business traffic on that route, Bantrel/Bechtel and Chevron for instance.

I'm just grateful to have SNA back, LAX was a nightmare before it became a permanent construction site. I think that route last operated seasonally in 2012?
Old Aug 23, 21, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Error 601 View Post
There is some business traffic on that route, Bantrel/Bechtel and Chevron for instance.

I'm just grateful to have SNA back, LAX was a nightmare before it became a permanent construction site. I think that route last operated seasonally in 2012?
I travel to both SF and LA for work. In southern California, I'd rather fly into any airport other than LAX!
Old Aug 24, 21, 10:42 am

Programs: WestJet Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I think we should start an overall WestJet Network Thread. Where any changes, new routes, ect can be discussed.

Search this Thread