Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet Suspending all TB and INTL (commercial) flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Suspending all TB and INTL (commercial) flying

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Error 601
Neighbor says WestJet will be parking much of their fleet nose to tail on one of the runways at YYC, should be a sight to behold.
They would need more than one of the main runways to do that with about 75% of the fleet, each aircraft will average about 40m of runway length, or about 5km for all of them, may have to do two staggered lines side-by-side with the wings interspersed to be more space efficient.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:01 pm

(c0870/20 notamn
a) cyyc b) 2003232249 c) 2006211800
e) rwy 08/26 clsd due parking unused acft. Avbl as twy btn thr 26
and twy a.)
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Sad.

7:56 PM · Mar 23, 2020

arf04 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Symmetre
Flight credit into your travelbank. It's no biggie, just use the credit to pay for your next trip or two.
Had an email yesterday about my April YVR-KOA flight cancellation. Flight is gone now from "Manage trips" but no $WJ or Travel Bank credit yet? Anyone else have similar experience?

Had another flight I was able to cancel online - got immediate credit to Travel Bank.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Sad picture to see all those airframes parked...
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:01 am

It appears the suspension of international flights has been extended into early May.

noteworthy schedule changes:

YYC-FCO launch delayed until June
YYZ-BCN resumption delayed until June
YHZ-MAN Appears to be cancelled and completely removed.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
My YVR-LGW on April 28 has disappeared but the return on May 18 is still showing. My account just shows the return, not the outbound. No credit to travel bank thus far.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
TB and International cancelled through May 4

After reading the last few posts I checked my itinerary and our May 2 flight to Orlando was cancelled but not the return 2 weeks later. Called and was told flights are being cancelled through May 4. The Companion cert used on this trip is reinstated but is good through June 2020. No wait time to get through to Westjet.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
This morning I received the following e-mail from WS (bolding mine):
"Hello FREQUENTLANDER,

Due to adjustments to our flight schedule, we're sorry to advise you that it has been necessary to change one or more of your WestJet flights and we are unable to provide an alternative flight option.

For your reference, the reservation code is: XXXXXX

We are not processing refunds to original form of payment at this time. The full value of your flight has been refunded to a WestJet travel bank (for WestJet bookings) or WestJet Dollars account (for WestJet Vacations bookings), which is valid for 24 months from date of issue. If you prefer a refund to original form of payment, we will provide information about when that can be requested at a later date.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause you. Thank you for your understanding."

So I went to my account and checked the Travel Bank. Zero balance.

I called in the priority line and got through straight away. Cool.

Agent was quite surprised that the wording "The full value of your flight has been refunded to a WestJet travel bank" was used. She told me it should have said that I should call in to sort out how I want the fare handled and so they could explain the coupon extension etc etc. After a few clickety-clicks and about a minute on hold, the Travel Bank had the fare in it and the voucher I had used for the companion ticket was restored to end of June expiry.

So...if you get that e-mail..CALL IN.
YYCguy likes this.

Last edited by Frequentlander; Mar 30, 2020 at 11:48 am Reason: General editing (can't type or spell).
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:05 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I'm not a twitter user so I hope this link works, it was posted on Facebook:

I'm guessing these were taken from the lover's lane behind the Winter Club.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:02 pm

Not sure if its an error, but now appears most International and Transborder flights are cancelled until further notice from June 1. May 5-31 appears normal.

Edit: Maybe not? Schedules have reappeared so maybe just an error?

Last edited by hollywoodcory17; Apr 6, 2020 at 2:24 pm
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by hollywoodcory17
Not sure if its an error, but now appears most International and Transborder flights are cancelled until further notice from June 1. May 5-31 appears normal.

Edit: Maybe not? Schedules have reappeared so maybe just an error?
Yes my flight to CDG on May 10 is still on schedule.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Merlin666
Yes my flight to CDG on May 10 is still on schedule.
it was only the US / Mexico flights that briefly disappeared after June 1.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:33 pm

We will be getting information regarding the fleet plan from our executive team tomorrow at 1400.

I am expecting severe cuts to accompany the draconian cuts taken already. They will do what is necessary to save the company. The Trudeau government has provided nothing but lip service to the Canadian Airlines. The American Airlines have for the most part been able to protect their employee’s jobs until September due to generous assistance from the Trump government.

Fingers crossed that it’s not as bad as I fear...
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by 575M
We will be getting information regarding the fleet plan from our executive team tomorrow at 1400.

I am expecting severe cuts to accompany the draconian cuts taken already. They will do what is necessary to save the company. The Trudeau government has provided nothing but lip service to the Canadian Airlines. The American Airlines have for the most part been able to protect their employee’s jobs until September due to generous assistance from the Trump government.

Fingers crossed that it’s not as bad as I fear...
I think the Canadian government is doing a fine enough job, nothing is ever perfect. Porter Airlines has already received help, so thr government’s initiatives clearly are in progress. These initiatives take time. Trump is a disaster.
aerobod likes this.

Last edited by cirrusdragoon; Aug 10, 2020 at 9:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.