Wiki Posts
Search

2020-03-12 Call Centre Wait Times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hahaha
2020-03-12 Call Centre Wait Times

wait times have been ballooning all morning, pretty likely because of the recent travel bans.

most people who google for the westjet reservations number will see this site and the expected wait time anyway, and I'm surprised it's up to 9 hours now. hoping things smooth out over the rest of the day, and that people can get to where they need to go.

The site, "Contact WestJet by Phone": https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/contact-us/phone/index

Some screenshots:

2020-03-11 at 8 PM MDT, about an hour after the Presidential Address

2020-03-12 at 9:00 AM MDT

2020-03-12 at 12:00 PM MDT
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Westjet Rewards, Platinum
I left my number for a call back. Estimated call back was placed at over 6 hrs.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:39 pm

I thought I had read that the call centre was built to scale and should call volumes become too great, the phones could be serviced by contract Sabre agents.
Guess that possibility no longer exists.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:04 am

Today, so far, it's proving impossible to get through on either the regular number or the platinum number. I got through yesterday, and when i cancelled my flight they added only one of the flights to my travel bank. I know they're overworked, but ... oh well.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: AC 35k
At least you can get a call back. AC is shut down.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:01 pm

I can't even get through to get a call back today.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/westjet-i...ages-1.4851910

QUOTES:

"Officials at WestJet are asking passengers who are not scheduled to travel within the next 72 hours to refrain from contacting the airline as attempts are being made to assist passengers with pressing travel concerns."

"Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re experiencing very high volumes for our phone, email and social media support channels. We are fully staffed and our WestJetters are working hard to take care of our guests as quickly as possible."
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hahaha
so yesterday I was going to write a script to plot wait times over time

But I fell asleep, and while I still haven't gotten around to it, I'm just checking the site now:
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:30 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by asovse1
so yesterday I was going to write a script to plot wait times over time

But I fell asleep, and while I still haven't gotten around to it, I'm just checking the site now:
This is absolutely pathetic.

Gold line doesn't even take calls now.

Missed a flight today and couldn't even cancel beforehand because it was impossible to reach anybody from Westjet.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:58 pm

Sounds like Air Canada since late November.
Symmetre and 24left like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:25 pm

According to the WestJet Twitter account, they have been receiving a contact centre load equivalent to two weeks of calls every day over the past number of days, not surprising the call wait times are terrible.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by aerobod
According to the WestJet Twitter account, they have been receiving a contact centre load equivalent to two weeks of calls every day over the past number of days, not surprising the call wait times are terrible.
Honestly I think this is the case for virtually every airline. No one can expect WS or any other airline to handle this effectively.

I don't think WS has even announced any flight cancellations yet. Once that happens it will get worse.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:51 am

I just cancelled a booking I had on Thu this week. Had to call the Contact Centre as I had partially paid with WestJet Dollars. Got the "Your call can't be completed" telco message about 15 times before eventually being able to get on the call queue which I decided to stay on instead of requesting a call back. Took 58 minutes before the call was answered, then 14 minutes to have the booking cancelled and credits re-assigned to the correct accounts. The CSA was very philosophical about the whole Coronavirus issue, said that everyone had been very understanding and pleasant to deal with in the calls she had been taking.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:55 pm

you did well... i finally got all my flights sorted, but i was on hold for a lot longer than 58 minutes. I felt sorry for the person taking my call; she was stressed and close to tears. I told her to hang in and that we'll all get through this. What a mess.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
The website rebook/cancel function worked flawlessly for my cancelled trip to YUL today.
I just hope WJ honours my Gold status upgrade for hitting a spend limit for March, which I would have done no problem with these YUL flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.