FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   WestJet | WestJet Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards-606/)
-   -   Halifax to Glasgow this summer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/westjet-westjet-rewards/2005043-halifax-glasgow-summer.html)

Yukonprince Jan 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Halifax to Glasgow this summer

Asking on behalf of a friend... If the 737MAX is still grounded will they substitute another aircraft or reroute passengers or cancel their tickets?

Thank you!

maxjasper Jan 18, 2020 2:54 pm

I was reading a report that airlines were spreading rumors that B737Max soon will be flying again. However. US Air bla bla agency reprimanded them to stop rumors as new evidences of more major defective design issues were coming to light...like some cluttered wiring in the plane tail that could short-circuit and cause major fires and total loss of airplane control. Agency also specified that unless complete diagnostics be performed and issues resolved there is no due date after which B737Max resumes flights. Search Google for details.

Boeing discovers new software issue with 737 Max, working on fix

“This airplane is designed by clowns who in turn are supervised by monkeys,” one employee wrote.

Yukonprince Jan 18, 2020 3:03 pm

We flew Vancouver to Hawaii and back February/March in J - very comfortable and a a great entertainment system...

Norcanair Jan 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Given WS is launching YHZ-MAN this summer, I'd guess they're prolly not that starved for planes and able to sub a 737NG for YHZ-GLA again this year.

smallmj Jan 19, 2020 9:25 am

My understanding was that they were using 737-700 for this route.

maxjasper Jan 19, 2020 10:19 am

How Boeing crashed: The inside story of the 737 Max

Boeing used to represent the gold standard in aircraft safety, but critics say it has lost its way in the pursuit of profit. We tell the story of two fatal crashes involving the 737 Max 8 jet: the Ethiopian Airlines crash last March that killed 157 people and the Lion Air disaster in October 2018 that killed all 189 on board. We explore why experts say those disasters were preventable. The story is told by pilots, legislators, Boeing insiders and the families of the people killed. But the biggest revelations come from Boeing itself, through internal messages and emails showing Boeing officials knew about the potential for a catastrophe well before the two crashes occurred.

Details: How Boeing crashed: The inside story of the 737 Max

YYCguy Jan 19, 2020 11:44 am

:confused:wrong thread? ⬆️ There’s an active Max8 thread that may be more appropriate.

bigev007 Jan 19, 2020 11:53 am

Originally Posted by smallmj (Post 31969306)
My understanding was that they were using 737-700 for this route.

I've been looking at the same GLA trip. It's currently scheduled for a mix of -700 and 7M8. This summer it was -700s. I only wish I knew if it was going to be the new premium seats or the old center block before I paid the extra for mostly nothing