Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet and companion voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:35 am
Original Poster

WestJet and companion voucher

Hi wanted to see if my flights with WestJet and companion voucher is possible.

Gatwick (London) to Toronto week stopover then onto Las Vegas Two weeks

Return Vegas to London Gatwick

If I telephone WestJet will they permit this?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Michael Hills

Try booking online. You can use the voucher and any WS$ online. If you have problems, try calling
jkordyback likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:47 pm

I'm assuming your thinking of taking the westjet flight from Toronto to Las Vegas. My quess is that they would not allow it. However, you could always just take a 1 way flight from Toronto to Las Vegas on either westjet or another airline. My understanding is that because your initial departure is London, as long as your returning to London, it should not matter where your starting from.

I have inquired about getting to Barcelona from Edmonton and then back to Edmonton from London on a single voucher and this was deemed acceptable. To get to Barcelona, I fly via Toronto on westjet. I fly from Barcelona to London on another airline (westjet does not fly this route). From London, I fly to either Calgary or Vancouver and then home to Edmonton. The key is that your starting and returning from/to the same location.

You also can't book what your asking to do Online as the voucher won't register in this type of situation, you have to call Westjet.

Good luck!
wzzy22 likes this.

Last edited by SonofYEG; Jan 2, 2020 at 12:52 pm Reason: comment on doing this online
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Hills

It depends on the type of companion voucher. If it is a milestone voucher earned through travel for anywhere WestJet flies, you would be permitted to use it for only 2 segments. Either:
  • LGW - YYZ and LAS - LGW (best for you price wise) or
  • YYZ - LAS and LAS to LGW or
  • LGW - YYZ and YYZ - LAS
If it is a voucher from having the WestJet RBC MasterCard, the trips have to be in the same price field ($99 for Canada/US or $399 for Europe), so the first combo would be the only acceptable with a base fare of $399 RT for your companion plus taxes and fees.

Either way, you will have to buy the missing segment separately.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by wzzy22
It depends on the type of companion voucher.
Originally Posted by wzzy22
If it is a voucher from having the WestJet RBC MasterCard, the trips have to be in the same price field ($99 for Canada/US or $399 for Europe), so the first combo would be the only acceptable with a base fare of $399 RT for your companion plus taxes and fees.
If you are trying to use the RBC MC companion voucher, you may be out of luck on the LGW-YYZ legs as for some reason they use a ridiculously low base fare of $1 or $2 plus high taxes and fees. If the base fare is less than $399, you can't use the voucher as that is more than the "cost" of the base fare. See this recent discussion regarding doing this for the purpose of using WestJet dollars for a flight ex-LGW:
Question on Westjet Dollars

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.