Special Meals

Old Dec 28, 19, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; BA Silver; Marriott Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Special Meals

I have my first WestJet flight coming up soon (YYZ to LAS in Premium). There is meal service scheduled for the flight. My wife is vegan, so I have been looking for a way to order a vegan meal for her. It appears from the WestJet website that they offer special meals only on 787 flights to Europe. I will call in, but wanted to check with the esteemed experts on FT - is it really not possible to get a vegan meal or other special meal pre-ordered for a 5 hour trans-border flight when in a fare class that otherwise offers meal service?

If anybody has had success ordering a special meal in such a circumstance, please let me know how you were able to get it.

Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 19, 9:05 am

I prefer to have my favourite meal prior to 5 hr flights and have a nap during flights.
Old Dec 28, 19, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by alifesjourneys View Post
I have my first WestJet flight coming up soon (YYZ to LAS in Premium). There is meal service scheduled for the flight. My wife is vegan, so I have been looking for a way to order a vegan meal for her. It appears from the WestJet website that they offer special meals only on 787 flights to Europe. I will call in, but wanted to check with the esteemed experts on FT - is it really not possible to get a vegan meal or other special meal pre-ordered for a 5 hour trans-border flight when in a fare class that otherwise offers meal service?

If anybody has had success ordering a special meal in such a circumstance, please let me know how you were able to get it.

Thanks.
Unfortunately you cannot order special meals for your flight. One can only order special meals on transatlantic Dreamliner flights up to 48 hours before the flight by calling westjet directly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: