Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Farebuzz.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Farebuzz.com

This company offers somewhat lower rates for Business Class on Westjet.

They bill in US$ but after conversion some savings.

Has anyone used them or heard of them?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I think using OLTAs is crazy, and using ones not even in the same country more crazy. How much is "some" savings? 25% or 2%?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Agreed. I’d never, ever use a site like this ... no matter what the savings they might claim to offer.

Way too risky.

I’m hesitant even to book with “known” OLTAs like Expedia — but at least they’re perfectly reputable. But no-name ones, aggregators, resellers? No way.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:21 pm

Here is an FT thread on them: Has anyone ever used Farebuzz?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Expedia — but at least they’re perfectly reputable.
Well known, perhaps, but I’m not sure about the “perfectly” part. If I’m dealing directly with an airline and push comes to shove at least I can go 15 minutes down the road and be face to face with a human being that I can grab by the ears if I have to.

I guess that’s the boomer mentality in me coming out.

I often use OLTAs to research hotels and prices and then book directly with the hotel, often at the same price but better terms.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Well known, perhaps, but I’m not sure about the “perfectly” part. If I’m dealing directly with an airline and push comes to shove at least I can go 15 minutes down the road and be face to face with a human being that I can grab by the ears if I have to.

I guess that’s the boomer mentality in me coming out.

I often use OLTAs to research hotels and prices and then book directly with the hotel, often at the same price but better terms.
100% agreed. My point was that Expedia is at least a known, real company ... but I’ve only used them a handful of times in my entire life.

I only book (a) directly with the airline or hotel, for personal travel, and (b) via our mandated corporate travel agent (CWT) for work travel.

With both channels, I know exactly what I’m getting (and that I’m getting exactly what I want) and I know how to resolve any issue that comes up. With any online “agent”, it can be complicated (ie Expedia) dangerous (farebuzz) or fraudulent (countless fly by night travel websites).
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
If the OP is in Ontario he should use a travel agent with a TICO number. And frankly with a human at the other end of a phone when things go to pot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.