Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

15% seat sale with discount code; use WJ$?

Old Oct 16, 19, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering if there's any way to use WJ dollars when booking a flight using a discount code (a 15% code just appeared on westjet.com). I don't seem to be able to apply my WJ dollars toward the fare online, can I do so if I call in? Or is it "you get the discount, but you the catch is that you can't use your WJ dollars"?
Old Oct 16, 19, 5:07 pm

Should be able to use. You apply discount code when getting the flight quotes. Then you apply WJD at checkout, when you are signed in, it will tell you what you have available and can use towards the flight, keep in mind the taxes and fees must then be covered either via credit card or via your travel bank (if you use your travel bank, you will have to call an agent to manually process that). WJD only covers base fare, travel bank can cover taxes and fees as well as fare.
tecate55 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 19, 7:54 am
Original Poster

SIgh....you're absolutely right, I just didn't go far enough along down the rabbit hole of the booking process It all worked out and I was able to apply them at the end. Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 19, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I get 15% off all flights all the time and the one I am on right now was 15% off the fare then paid in part with WS$ plus a magic $50 more of WS$ that arrived literally in the middle of booking.

The 15% should just lower the cost, then you pay however you can.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: