Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q: RBC World Elite MC free bag combinability with Premium fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q: RBC World Elite MC free bag combinability with Premium fare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:03 pm
dxl
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E75K, National EE
Question Q: RBC World Elite MC free bag combinability with Premium fare

I have a Premium fare on WS stock, which includes 2 checked bags at no charge, 3rd bag and beyond are chargeable per fare features.
I also have the RBC WS World Elite MC, tied to my WS number: one of the card benefits is "first checked bag free".
QUESTION: does the CC benefit give me the 3rd checked bag free in addition to the first 2?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The first one is the first of the two on the premium fare.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:57 am
dxl
Original Poster

Yes, I can now see "first" is the key word here. I should read carefully!
Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:48 pm

Easier to visualize on a fare with no free bags and you have 2 or 3 bags with you (for whatever reason). First one is free due to the card vs. paying a fee for all of them. Then #2 and #3 cost you.

I only fly Premium or Business so I don't know if there are fares with one free bag. If there are such fares, then WS can pitch this card as a "benefit" when if you have one bag, you pay nothing anyway. And I'd have to think many people or most have one each unless they are fashion models or skipping town. So it looks like a benefit but really adds no cost burden to them anyway.

Same way you see "free upgrades" to the next level of cabin but you don't get upgraded, they take cash upgrades ahead of you and you fly in coach and see empty premium seats. Sounds like a gimme and isn't a sure thing at all.

Wait for "free underseat storage for certified support badgers". Sounds great but nobody has a badger of any temperment.

With airlines and not just WS, if you want something prepare to pay for all the things you want and be greateful for the freebies if and when they occur.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:40 am
dxl
Original Poster

I agree with your analysis; I had an unreasonably-optimistic outlook for the free-bag benefit. (OTOH, the companion-fare benefit really pays off).
With respect to bags, I normally travel with 0/1 checked bags. This trip is our annual migration to LIR for the winter, and so we will likely max-out on bags.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:20 pm

Yes, but when you buy a badger you will soon be in luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.