Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dreamliner Heating Issues?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Dreamliner Heating Issues?

Was on a flight this summer from YYC - LGW and back again and I am curious if anyone else had these issues.

YYC - LGW Departed around 20:00 for red eye flight and was hoping to get some rest in Premium economy. However, the crew had the damn temperature set to 74! i changed into shorts and a t shirt and was still sweating my rear end off...Part of the problem is also that there are no gaspers on the dreamliner (individual air vents) it is just one channel that attempts (and failed miserably) to regulate temperature. The result was I felt nautious, spent a lot of time in the bathroom (had to hydrate like a crazy man to keep up with the sweat) and got 0 sleep, arrived in London completely exhausted and feeling like crap. I spent more time hanging out in the galley with the FA's because at least the temperature was liveable there. (I stood under the gaspers by the exit for close to 2 hours in attempts to cool down) When we arrived in LGW we spent over 1.5 hours waiting for the bags to start being delivered (not sure if that was WJ or LGW fault though)

LGW - YYC Apart from departing 2.5 hours delayed (convenient that we were only 30 minutes short of being entitled to compensation) flight left around 16:00 if I recall.... was cooler on this flight but still uncomfortable. My wife is always cold but even she was complaining about the heat.

I am curious to see if anyone else has had these issues? I also flew on the dreamliner YYC-YYZ in the spring in business class, it was on the warm side but not near as bad as this experience.

Just curious to hear anyones thoughts. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.