Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet Elevation Lounge YYC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by HSaxa
Hello -

We're flying SFO-YYC-LHR in business class. Trying to make sense of how to get to the lounge in Calgary. SFO-YYC flight seems to arrive into D gates. YYC-LHR also departs from D gates.
Any hoops we have to jump through to get to the lounge?

Thanks!
You'll have to clear immigration/CBSA to enter Canada then security to come back to airside (someone can correct me if OSS is reinstated). I've never been to that part of the terminal pre-security but it should dump you back out to the D gate area and you can either walk or take the golf carts to the B gates to access the lounge. After the lounge it's the same thing in reverse by walking or taking the carts back to D gates. Highly recommend golf carts since it's about a 10 minute walk between B and D.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:04 pm

Some DPs for crowing:

Tuesday March 7: 7pm-7:20pm, around 25% full
Tuesday March 21: around 6pm, taking shuttle from C to A, was going to stop at B to go grab a quick bite before my 6:45pm flight, but saw a lineup of around 6 people + 2-3 hanging around but not in line. Decided to stay onboard to continue to A and heard them shout for gold or platinums as the shuttle pulled away.
Old May 4, 2023, 10:41 pm

I liked my visit this past weekend.

Large Plate: Chicken Katsu / Rice
Small Plate: Veg. Tempura
Dessert: Carrot Cake, Orange Sorbet
jimsthe1, m.y, SoroSuub1 and 2 others like this.
Old May 4, 2023, 11:15 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by flyingtortoise
I liked my visit this past weekend.

Large Plate: Chicken Katsu / Rice
Small Plate: Veg. Tempura
Dessert: Carrot Cake, Orange Sorbet
That looks incredible.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:28 pm

This is from my visit to the lounge back in February but I'm just getting involved in the forum now! Everything was amazing. Pictured: Westjet Elevation Cocktail (amazing), Brownie, Cheese plate, cookie, cocktail I forget but didn't really like, santa fe salad, chicken wrap. Going to be back in the lounge in a week and a half and will report on menu and occupancy! Edit trying to post photos but it says I can't until I post five times...
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:30 pm

I'm just going to post here again until I can show the photos. Much more interesting than words.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:31 pm

See below
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:32 pm

See below (almost over) thank you for bearing with me.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:34 pm

Last useless post and then photos
Old Jun 3, 2023, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Tried to enter last saturday 5pm (Priority Pass) but was denied entry due to "crowding"
Old Jun 9, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Good day,
I Westjet Gold and wish to gift a lounge pass to my daughter who is of age and not travelling with me.
How do I gift a lounge pass?
Old Jun 10, 2023, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by taupo
Good day,
I Westjet Gold and wish to gift a lounge pass to my daughter who is of age and not travelling with me.
How do I gift a lounge pass?
This is not possible, it's not like the AC passes where you can give them to anyone. Guest passes must be used by someone accompanied into the lounge by the member.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 9:14 pm

Programs: No
Originally Posted by entropy
Tried to enter last saturday 5pm (Priority Pass) but was denied entry due to "crowding"
Same same, couldn't get in on Fri June 9th with AMEX Platinum.
Long queue outside with priority pass members not being allowed in while WS gold and platinum were allowed in. Agent said it was 'too busy'. Looked to be the same scenario today as we returned and walked by the lounge (long lineup for Priority Pass holders only).
Old Jun 12, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by rataplan
Same same, couldn't get in on Fri June 9th with AMEX Platinum.
Long queue outside with priority pass members not being allowed in while WS gold and platinum were allowed in. Agent said it was 'too busy'. Looked to be the same scenario today as we returned and walked by the lounge (long lineup for Priority Pass holders only).
So this is absolutely ridiculous. Right now:

They rightly allow platinum and J in first. But then everyone else is left in the dark with zero communication as to if you are EVER going to be let in.

We watched 20 ppl leave and about 5-7 plats go in. Then nothing and asked if we would be able to get in. Nada.

We status matched from AC to gold WS and WS has somehow made AC look like EK in comparison w the poor service.

At least for MLL you get let in if there's no one SE of J ahead of you waiting which seems very fair.

Oh, and if you are priority pass or dragon might as well cut up your card cuz you are never getting in.

Anyways, back to AC milage runs for me. Bye bye any chance or going WS
Old Jun 12, 2023, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Why does the lounge close at 22:15 when there are many later flights?

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.